Battle Report: Vampires vs Reven

Warwick

Greenie broke out his newest love, the Reven. I brought the same Vampire list from last time. Briarkiss, Osric, 5 Crimson Knights. Athak, Vandrian, 5 Crimson Knights. This is proving to be a very hardcore army. It's a touch dull, though. I want to see Gargoyles and Ghasts and the Grave Horror!

I deploy on my left flank in order to keep from spreading out too far. I only have 14 models, you see. Greenie puts down a line of Goblin Skeeters, some Bull Orc goodness, Lurgh, and the Hill Giant. The giant is a bit too far away, in my opinion and I decide to ignore it. First turn Greenie lays down a wall of fire to block my Athak unit - very clever. He puts wounds on Briarkiss and Osric with Skeeters. Turn two we start the carnage. Bull Orcs hit Briarkiss and Co. Briarkiss and Osric are feeling great pain but holding on. The rest of the Crimson Knights are busy doing what they do best. Athak's unit rushes the Hill Giant and kills it, and feeds on the buffet. Lurgh also goes down after he charges in. I charge two knights through the fire to put a beating on Skeeters. One catches fire and I leave him burning so he has Flame Attack. Since I waste the Skeeters it's not very exciting. I take a wound for the trouble.

Things turn against the Reven and lots of green-skins die. I forget to make ANY of my zombie rolls. Greenie forgets to do ANY of his death screams. Funny, right? At the end, he has Vaurag with Bonesplitter surrounded by two knights and Vandrian. He goes nuclear, does some amazing Bull Orc Kung-Fu, kills one knight, puts 2 wounds on the other, and turns Vandrian into paste! On one activation. And lives to keep fighting. Wow.

It was a straight forward battle and Greenie had a lot more fun with Reven than Crusaders. Vampire once again prove to be the toughest thing in Taltos. Wildbill has challenged me to back that statement up against Dwarves. Highlight of the night was the pizza guy wandering through selling five dollar pizzas! Man, that was some good pizza.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want more details on the vamps vs giant...

How many did the giant take out on the defense? Or were they able to attack him from multiple sides and limit his ability to take them down? Who attacked first? Did he get to use his bludgeon at all? Did his Demoralize come into play at all? His Fearsome?

Giant Moved, then Charged to base a single Knight, but could not attack. On my turn, I activated that unit. I Charged in with Vandrian and one other Knight. I put one model on three sides of the giant to negate Swing-Through. I can't recall if Fearsome was rolled for. I know I rolled for something, must have been Fearsome. So the giant gets hit with 3 attacks at 7, and 6 attacks at 6. Two Weaponmasters. I roll well and giant pays the price for messing with Vampires. Mighty doesn't help if you can't hit Vandrian more than once. Vandrian does take two wounds, then feeds on the giant for two healing.

It looks bad on paper, but I did hit the giant with 233 points worth of tough melee models. The giant isn't a big threat on defense. 2 attacks with Mighty is not as good as 4 attacks without Mighty. Just my opinion.

Well, I did send it in all by itself on my left and thats why the Giant died so quickly and bloodily. Warwick did roll the Fearsome check but with Crimson Knights high DIS it didn't play into the matchup at all. Even as tough as the Knight's are I chalk that one up to a rookie move. I DID however finally remember to use Enrage with Frenzy on Vaurug. 6 attacks at a 10 and since I gave him Bonesplitter each hit was Mighty with Cleave!!! He managed to kill Vandrian, Athak and a knight all in one activation. And with Tenacious, the other half of the doctrine he got to reroll his tough 3 check and lived!

Still, all in all, a great game. And yes, Warwick can sweat. Just tell him you have 6 attacks at a 10 with mighty comming at his beloved vamps....

Hey Warwick,

Try this one on for Wildbill and his dwarves:

Judas

Vandrian

Naomi

Sir Osric

7 Crimson Knights

3 Chattel

Musician

It's only one unit which pretty well forces your enemy to deploy and move first, leaving you with all the options and speed to do something. Gus made this list and it's pretty awesome, unless you roll as badly as I do and lose to pesky elves. :blush:

I'm looking at various modifications of the list to see what I can come up with.

DRG

Hey Warwick,

Try this one on for Wildbill and his dwarves:

Judas

Vandrian

Naomi

Sir Osric

7 Crimson Knights

3 Chattel

Musician

It's only one unit which pretty well forces your enemy to deploy and move first, leaving you with all the options and speed to do something. Gus made this list and it's pretty awesome, unless you roll as badly as I do and lose to pesky elves. :blush:

I'm looking at various modifications of the list to see what I can come up with.

DRG

Add in Armor of Courage to make in an even 1,000 points. ^_^

I ain't skeered...::P:

:devil:

:lol: