Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

[Reptus][Spikeshell Warriors] whats the point?

Im (really, really) new to this, so maybe Im missing something, but what is the point of Bludgeon on the Spikeshell warriors? Isn't the smallest base a standard base? Since the SSW is also on a standard base, would this never come into play?

Bludgeon: If a model with this SA hits an enemy model of a smaller Base Size in a Fight Action on its own Activation, the defending model suffers a -2 non-cumulative MAV penalty to its Defensive Strikes. If it hits an enemy model of the same Base Size in a Fight Action on its own Activation, the defending model suffers a -1 non-cumulative penalty to its Defensive Strikes.

Im (really, really) new to this, so maybe Im missing something, but what is the point of Bludgeon on the Spikeshell warriors? Isn't the smallest base a standard base? Since the SSW is also on a standard base, would this never come into play?

Bludgeon: If a model with this SA hits an enemy model of a smaller Base Size in a Fight Action on its own Activation, the defending model suffers a -2 non-cumulative MAV penalty to its Defensive Strikes. If it hits an enemy model of the same Base Size in a Fight Action on its own Activation, the defending model suffers a -1 non-cumulative penalty to its Defensive Strikes.

Against other standard based the defender suffers the -1 to MAV. There are some other std size model that have Bludgeon as well. Basically, unless they attack something larger, all Defensive strikes will be at -1 MAV, which I think helps them stick around a while longer.

Against other standard based the defender suffers the -1 to MAV. There are some other std size model that have Bludgeon as well. Basically, unless they attack something larger, all Defensive strikes will be at -1 MAV, which I think helps them stick around a while longer.

see... told you Im new... and I cant read either :wacko:

Casters can run out of SP. Typically casters are priority targets for enemies, but careful players can often use up all of their caster's Spell Points unless their opponent is very good at killing casters. Once those SP are gone, your casters are nothing but underpowered (usually) fighters, and an ability like Bludgeon can help them to be that much more useful.

Casters can run out of SP. Typically casters are priority targets for enemies, but careful players can often use up all of their caster's Spell Points unless their opponent is very good at killing casters. Once those SP are gone, your casters are nothing but underpowered (usually) fighters, and an ability like Bludgeon can help them to be that much more useful.

I'm not disagreeing with you but with my massive amount of experience :wacko: (one game, remember?) my casters didn't live long enough to do more than attract arrows.

my casters didn't live long enough to do more than attract arrows.

That's what caster are for ::):