Have the new Warlord book and wanna comment?

Gus Landt

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You really want a review that includes the fact that the binding of the rulebook TOTALLY fell apart after only a few weeks and had to be taken to Sir Speedy for rebinding? NOt to mention the peeling cover need lamination.

A) I want honest reviews, yes

B) I think the cover issues are pretty well covered in the reviews up there now. ::):

The second print run's covers are definitely holding up better though!

I'm so happy to have a book of any quality that I don't care if it comes with a kick in the sensitives. I want the info on the inside and Reaper provided not only in spades, but in hearts, diamonds, and clubs. I'll be redoing my cover and that won't be an issue in the future. I think a nice titanium binding will hold up.

You really want a review that includes the fact that the binding of the rulebook TOTALLY fell apart after only a few weeks and had to be taken to Sir Speedy for rebinding? NOt to mention the peeling cover need lamination.

:unsure: Dude what are you doing with your book? I played every week and kept my book, unprotected, in a backpack full of drum sticks and binders and all I've had happen is the cover curl up?

id rather have a $20 dollar book that might need to be laminated that a $50 book

::cough cough The Unmentionable Company's Codex cough cough::

I still have my 3rd Ed. IG and Daemonhunters codex's and they have seen YEARS of continuous play and are still in great shape. I think my IG Codex was only $15 when it first came out, and the newer ones are $25. I still gave it a 4 star because the rules are some of the best I've seen for speedy play. Poor binding or no its still a good game.

:unsure: Dude what are you doing with your book? I played every week and kept my book, unprotected, in a backpack full of drum sticks and binders and all I've had happen is the cover curl up?

Just normal use and nothing very harsh. I own 1000s of books (some 120+ years old which I have read) and know how to take care of books. I have run ~ 30 games at my house and done 12-15 demos at stores using the book to look up/clarify rules. A coupla games ago, around 15-20 pages just fell out..broke loose of the binding. The 'back' was not broken or even creased, the glue just gave way. I was amazed!! $7 latter the covers are waterproof and the spiral binding lays flat on the table and stays to where you opened it!!

id rather have a $20 dollar book that might need to be laminated that a $50 book

::cough cough The Unmentionable Company's Codex cough cough::

I still have my 3rd Ed. IG and Daemonhunters codex's and they have seen YEARS of continuous play and are still in great shape. I think my IG Codex was only $15 when it first came out, and the newer ones are $25. I still gave it a 4 star because the rules are some of the best I've seen for speedy play. Poor binding or no its still a good game.

Thats another good point, "other games" you have to buy a rule book, then you have to buy the codex, and then you cant even play if you use old or unpainted models. <----Fail

With reaper you buy one book and then you can even buy a pack of bases and just write the name of the model on it and then bring it to play in a tournament. <-----Win

-Sin