Have the new Warlord book and wanna comment?

The second print run's covers are definitely holding up better though!

The first run must have been pretty bad, because my 2nd run cover curled out of the box, and started to split the second day I had it. Fortunately the MSRP was low enough I didn't mind the $5 it cost to get it spiral bound and laminated.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first run must have been pretty bad, because my 2nd run cover curled out of the box, and started to split the second day I had it. Fortunately the MSRP was low enough I didn't mind the $5 it cost to get it spiral bound and laminated.

how do you know you got a 2nd? :unsure:

Mine's doing the same thing though it hasn't started peeling yet, but I haven't messed with the book much...

The first print run sold out, so unless the warehouse/distributor was holding back the first printing, mine is a second printing as well...

Long story...

I ordered the book after it had "sold out". I found a web vendor who claimed to have some in stock, and I wrote to them and asked if they actually had the book in their hands and was told "yes", so I paid for it.

And then I got told a couple days later it was "out of stock" and they'd have it for me after Reaper got it reprinted. I waited, what was it, about two weeks? They shipped it to me a couple days after you guys announced you had it on the loading dock.

So I am pretty sure it was the 2nd printing.

Long story...

I ordered the book after it had "sold out". I found a web vendor who claimed to have some in stock, and I wrote to them and asked if they actually had the book in their hands and was told "yes", so I paid for it.

And then I got told a couple days later it was "out of stock" and they'd have it for me after Reaper got it reprinted. I waited, what was it, about two weeks? They shipped it to me a couple days after you guys announced you had it on the loading dock.

So I am pretty sure it was the 2nd printing.

Ditto for what happened to me except it was my FLGS that ordered it through their distributors. Mine has started something new this past weekend and the laminate on the cover has really started to peal off. 3/4 of an inch so far. But I do read through it at lunch every day AND it has been raining every other day for weeks now...

With reaper you buy one book and then you can even buy a pack of bases and just write the name of the model on it and then bring it to play in a tournament. <-----Win

-Sin

Why do I have 7 different Warlord books then? :poke:

Other than curling, my book (1st printing) has held together. Though all it has really had to endure is my obsessive reading of it. I may institute a house rule titled "Pages Fall, Everyone Dies" in which if a page or multiple pages fall out during a game, the ends immediately and is counted as a tie. This of course assumes that I actually have time and opponents to play.

With reaper you buy one book and then you can even buy a pack of bases and just write the name of the model on it and then bring it to play in a tournament. <-----Win

-Sin

Why do I have 7 different Warlord books then? :poke:

because you went OCD on the order button?

If your covers are curling, run the inside of the cover over a straight edge (like the edge of a desk or a table). This will remove the curl (if you do it too hard, it can even cause it to curl the opposite direction). I've done this to both of my copies, and they lay perfectly flat even after heavy, regular use.

~v

Edited by Shakandara

My rulebook is still in perfect, mint condition. Then again I only used it for four hours, then put it in my minis case, and put that next to FreeFall's mini cases during our convention earlier this month. It got packed up with the rest of his stuff and is now sitting in Sioux Falls instead of at my house. :down:

I just got my warlord 2nd book a week and a half ago. I did what I always do to books that will see a lot of use. I cut the binding and put it in a 2" binder with sleeves.

This is great because I can pull out and use the unit cards. Or pull them out to photo copy them easily.