Sign in to follow this  
joshuaslater

EST.

I'm still confused. 'Don't know what the EDV is on the data card. Is this something that will all be cleared up with an errata or Rage Chronicle?

EDV is Electronic Defensive Value. It was introduced in the Rage Chronicle 07 and carried on in 08. EDV is the ECM version of TC. When a model performs a 'Jamming action', the EDV is the value used to determine the bonus to DV. For exmple, a Talon performs a jamming action. Its EDV is 3. The Talon would add 3 to its DV of 10 for a total of 13. And since the Talon has ECM/3, anything within 3 inches of the Talon will also receive the Talon's EDV of 3 to their DV.

Make sure you are using the current Errata from RC08 (which includes everything from RC07)

RC08

I've got some reading to do. I've just been using the ECM like that, and applying the bonus to the models in the bubble. I haven't bothered using the EDV with other models as I've just been using EST and blasting.