It's Just An Old Fashioned Grudge Match

In the battle report I recently posted between dwarves and reven where I faced Qwyksilver, as is typical for myself I fielded a defensive army with moderate MAV and good DV. Qwyksilver fielded a variety of Bull Orcs, some of whom have DV 10 but many of them have DV 9. So by my reconing that's a low DV army - but they're Bull Orcs AND he had a totem of battle, plus enough Hunters to get support much of the time - so he had a pretty high MAV value most of the time.

With my Reven, I typically focus on bringing a high damage output by maximizing #MA and MAV and knowing that I have SA like Tough and models that have multiple tracks and not a huge expense because that is their strength. Running up and smashing you in the face is what Reven do. It's not a patient army. Move fast. Hit you first. Hit you hard. Try to overwhelm a side so there are less models to go on the offensive against you. Sounds like a similar design thought for the Dwarven zerker army. I don't like having a lot of small troops for this, because I want one HUGE hammer. So you need to find other ways to manipulate the initiative deck. I think Scrye is going to be a fun, overlooked spell for this purpose. It's a 3 SP Spy.

One of the toughest changes is that everyone gets all their #MA as defensive strikes, so it's a little tougher to rush in and smash, and get out unscathed. You need to use SA like disable/provoke/shock to try and minimize this. Sadly, those are SA that Reven lack. There is only one model with even one of those three SA.

Provoke is quickly becoming one of my least favorite SA to deal with. Stupid Dwarf warriors.

Jim's Dwarves are more like my Crusaders. Rely on the high DV to survive the initial attacks. Use your healing. Use the really high DV models to screen the softer ones. Tie up an opponent, and then swing around with the softer heavy hitters. You play a more reactionary game.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the toughest changes is that everyone gets all their #MA as defensive strikes, so it's a little tougher to rush in and smash, and get out unscathed. You need to use SA like disable/provoke/shock to try and minimize this. Sadly, those are SA that Reven lack. There is only one model with even one of those three SA.

Provoke is quickly becoming one of my least favorite SA to deal with. Stupid Dwarf warriors.

We can't help it if the Dwarves rule and the Reven drool. :devil:

Go back to doing the dishes for that Snow White broad you all fawn over...

you're just jealous that orcs never attract babes

Why do we have to attract 'em when we can just bonk 'em on the head caveman style....

because if they pass there tough checks your in for a beating!

-Sin