Skaven Grey Seer

Amber

Hello all,

First things first, seeing as am new I should introduce myself a bit...

Name's Amber, live in Holland... Got interested in mini's some years ago, though never really got into it...

Would be really enthousiastic in starting something an then just as quick lose my motivation, so never got around to finish anything...

Just gotten back to painting after 4 years of *cough*WoW*cough*.

An this time around I have every intention of finishing the mini's I start ^^

Just waiting for my orders to arrive so in the mean while picked up a Skaven from my bitsbox to get a bit of practise in...

Just seems am a bit stuck with the li'll fellow now.

I can't really decide on what I want for the bit around his neck, thought of brown, but seeing as his staff will be brown it might be overkill...

Red doesn't appeal neither, best I've come up with so far is bleached bone an paint his horns red...

Anyways here's the mini... And ofcourse C&C on the rest of him is more then welcome, am still learning an all ^^

RatinProgress3.jpg

Thx for your time, an happy painting ^^,

Amber

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you Amber! There are lots of color choices you can use for the collar. If it were me, I'd go for a light color, like maybe linen white bleached bone, on into the yellows. Maybe a blue with gold-threaded designs on it. You could paint in rivets or buttons as decorations too.

It depends in part on his back story. Is he from the rustic woods? Then a gray/brown might do, maybe even some patches. Really high up in a large and prosperous clan? Maybe he'd be wearing something that seems more expensive. Does he want to be intentionally scary or does he not care about that so much as appearing powerful/important? If powerful then maybe he just wants a rich-toned color like one of the clear brights. Or is he just wearing what's clean and at hand? Maybe a linen/light brown color for the shirt. Is it ceremonial wear? In that case gold-toned (threaded) designs are a good bet.

Hope this helps!

Thanks ^^

Anyways I've tried a brown leather look, though I think I've done the highlights to quick an to sharp...

So I'll have to tweak that a bit tomorrow...

Hope to finish this guy by the end of the weekend, seeing as some of my orders came in... And tis so tempting to get started on those straight away :unsure:

Hehe to be honest, he's been sat in the drawer for a bit...

Did do the collar thing, ended up with a leathery look, then got completely distracted by 1 of the mini's I had ordered an the desire to make a cool base for that...

Which led to making more bases 'cause it was really fun to do, which led to the rat becoming part of a mini diorama...

(I'm painting him up for the person that motivated me to pick up minipainting again, so I really want him to look good now, rather then just a paintpractise thingy.)

Anyways I hope to get around to finishing him somewhere this week, and have his base done by then too...

I'll try and make a picture of how far along he is tonight, that is if I don't get distracted by pretty shiney objects again lol

Did do the collar thing, ended up with a leathery look, then got completely distracted by 1 of the mini's I had ordered an the desire to make a cool base for that...

Which led to making more bases 'cause it was really fun to do, which led to the rat becoming part of a mini diorama...

(I'm painting him up for the person that motivated me to pick up minipainting again, so I really want him to look good now, rather then just a paintpractise thingy.)

Anyways I hope to get around to finishing him somewhere this week, and have his base done by then too...

I'll try and make a picture of how far along he is tonight, that is if I don't get distracted by pretty shiney objects again lol

You aren't truly a mini painter until you have a shelf full of half completed projects, my friend.... ::D:

You aren't truly a mini painter until you have a shelf full of half completed projects, my friend.... ::D:

Hmz with the amount of mini-related projects my head is coming up with at the moment, I'll be needing alot of shelfs sometime really soon...

Anyways he's about 95% done now, well I think... I'll probably bump into something/some things in the last 1%...

I'll try and take a picture tomorrow, if camera decides to coörperate again...

So I'm not the only one? :poke: