Urich, Adventuring Fighter

pez5767

Hello all.

I've been on a seemingly long stretch of painting lovely female figures. I needed a shot of lead testosterone for my hobby fix. Well Mr. Tre Manor's awesome sculpt of Urich the Adventuring Fighter provided enough raw aggression for me to go back to the lithe lovelies. This was a bit of a quick paint, so I know there are some rough spots, but I liked the end result.

Comments and criticisms are more than welcome.

UrichAdventuringFighter.jpg

Thanks for looking.

:zombie:

• Like 1

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is pretty much EXACTLY as I saw him in my mind when sculpting him. Great job man, I am glad one of my sculpts coudl be of some service to you. I got your eamil and will respond shortly this morning.

Wow! Thanks that's high praise indeed. :blush:

To all, thanks for the comments. This guy was a bit of a practice run on my NMMs since i've only been doing them once in a long while. I think NMM suits fantasy models better than Sci-Fi. No particular reason for this opinion, but then that's the wonderful thing about opinions isn't it, they don't need reason. (Though I suppose it helps? :wacko: )

Anyway, THANKS!

<_<

Okay, so by no means do I think of this as a master piece pant job. However, I think it's got some positive qualities.

I posted him over at CMON and he's sitting at a 6 out of 10. On a true scale of 1-10 I think he should be a 6. However a score of 5 at CMON is only table top quality.

Am I self deluding? Is this guy just a scratch above table top quality?

I realize CMON tend to be pretty subjective, but 6 seems quite low.

:wacko:

Oh well, I guess I should know better than to post stuff I like over there.

Anyone familiar with CMON give me some feedback here.

pez

<_<

Okay, so by no means do I think of this as a master piece pant job. However, I think it's got some positive qualities.

I posted him over at CMON and he's sitting at a 6 out of 10. On a true scale of 1-10 I think he should be a 6. However a score of 5 at CMON is only table top quality.

Am I self deluding? Is this guy just a scratch above table top quality?

I realize CMON tend to be pretty subjective, but 6 seems quite low.

:wacko:

Oh well, I guess I should know better than to post stuff I like over there.

Anyone familiar with CMON give me some feedback here.

pez

CMoN is an unforgiving place... Lots of factors go into what does and doesn't appeal to the folks over there. I think the biggest drawback for this piece is the base. Broccoli bases will get ya every time and without much more than a basecoat and wash, I am betting most folks will score it in the 5-6 range just on the basing itself. Personally, I'd give it a six. Do a bit of preliminary basework, and I'd bump it up to a 7.

Hey Pez!

Awesome NMM and battle damage. This is beautiful, not just because of that, the contrasts between the main colors really make him pop.

Yeah, it's probably the base that is killing you. That said, what Jabb said is probably true. A better base will probably raise your score a little, but who cares? Don't start that whole mess of second guessing what will be popular over there. It's a waste of time. Post your stuff there sometimes for curiosity's sake, but don't take the scores too seriously. I mean it, the only thing it will lead to is you pulling your own hair out.

(*mc says to self, "Hey, what's that there? Is that my hair on my desk? Who pulled it out?!?"*) :poke:

Don't sweat CMON dude..... My own experince..... and NOT trying to toot my own horn or be all " Psshya as if ".... My most recent sculpts sat at a score of like 4 or 5 up to around the 30th vote. They are rated 7 or so right now which is cool so....It only takes a few snipers to kill the score of any submission. Some people will bomb a score for no other reason than they do not liek a manufacturer or artist, it has nothing to do with the actual level of quality involved. I just wish people would actually contribute to an artist's education by at least saying what it is that they think is not good on a given figure.