November Roll Call

Got nothing done last month, so determined to make this a biggun!

Grinding through assembly of 28 necron warriors. I really hate the assembly on these models, seems like they could be 4 parts, and not lose any detail or variety.

• One done and painted.
  • Seven more assembled.
  • Twenty to go.

Also want to get an SFB fed fleet done.

11 models, based and primed.

• Need cleanup, detail, and markings.

And still haven't finished my CAV thug. It's becoming an immovable object:

• One Immovable CAV thug

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my list hasn't changed much from October. I completed one Reaper Halloween contest entry, touched up another and made some progress on a project, leaving a lot of carryover for this month. The first week of November is packed with activities. Some are directly related to mini-painting, others only loosely so. The last full week features mandatory weekend work at the day job, Thanksgiving prep and travel. I guess my keys for the month are to realistically prioritize my goals and stay flexible.

From October: Finish WIP red dragon (roughly 80% complete)

<edit> From before October: Top Secret...well, not quite...a sculpting project.

For this weekend painting demo - clean up workbench, select & prep minis as needed

For this weekend - learning to use an airbrush

• make a temporary spray booth
  • borrow an air compressor
  • build a small plastic model for practice
  • prep a bigature or two, such as 72mm Sophie or a dragon
  • clean up/rearrange in case bad weather forces us indoors

Mid-month:

Holy Family (Thunderbolt Mountain) for my mother's Christmas gift; due by Thanksgiving

Prep & prime new commissioned dragon; due in time to ship for Christmas

Begin mini for Exchange; due before February, but I don't want to put it off

Late-month: Actually, my crystal ball is frotzed, so I can't predict whether any painting will occur during holiday travel. This is where the 'stay flexible' part comes in. :B):

Edited by GreyHorde

Well, of the original ten bullets in my "done by New Year's" list, eight remain.

-Halloween contest entry.

-Candy.

-Snowboard Sophie. Basecoated, eyes are "done." Should be finished by end of November, must by mid-Dec.

-Paraway Ambercane. Must finish with Sophie.

-Exchange mini. No progress in Oct.

-Numa. Nearly finished; down to fiddly bits and basework, for the most part.

-Goroloth. No progress in Oct.. Thinking about a Simple Green jacuzzi, as the primer coat was extremely fuzzy and is now giving me fits.

-Shadow Dragon. No progress in Oct.

-Cave Troll Diorama. No progress in Oct.

-Veronica Blaze. Finished all converting and built her base. Still not primed.

Hopefully I'll be done with Numa by this weekend. Work on the two gift minis will begin in earnest. Goroloth, the dragon, and Veronica will probably stay pretty close to their current state this month.

This month is going to be a bit of a hit-or-miss for me because my craft room is in shambles. I can't even get to the paint table. But I'm hoping that changes in the next week or so.

Carrying over from last month:

Nef - giant scorpion

Crusaders - 2 ivy crown archers

New:

4 female figures on 'commission'. I have the list and the colors, just need to paint them. I'll update with the actual models once I remember them.

Didn't get all I wanted done for October nor can I guarantee myself November as my grandpa isn't doing well. Ah well, I can do my best though!

Here's what I need to get done:

• Nativity Set for my parents

Things I would like to get done:

• Jolie, Scribe
  • Cuotl
  • Sharyn, Female Wizard
  • Dandy Franchesca, Pirate

Jolie's started and almost finished and I have started the Nativity set, so here's hopin! Good luck everyone with November stuffs! :)

The month 'off' helped quite a bit, and I'm looking forward to get a lot more done this month. So, my list is:

1 squad Valhallans

03080: Anwyn, Female Bard

02961: Angel of Shadow

At least some progress on a second squad of Imperial Guard.

From October: finish WIP red dragon (no progress - still roughly 80% complete).

From October: Top Secret...well, not quite...a sculpting project (no progress to report at this time)

For this weekend painting demo - clean up workbench, select & prep minis as needed (90%)

For this weekend - learning to use an airbrush

• make a temporary spray booth (80%)
  • borrow an air compressor (DONE)
  • build a small plastic model for practice (10%)
  • prep a bigature or two, such as 72mm Sophie or a dragon & several resin terrain pieces (80%)
  • clean up/rearrange 'studio' in case bad weather forces us indoors (weather forecast looks perfect, but this was needed anyway and so is now DONE)

Im looking at my Razig army, 4 figures down, 7 to go (not counting the 16 dire rats, I'm still debating how I want to base them) and maybe some western figures

ok, "maybe" turned into definitively, we hit the Woolaroc museum last weekend which has Western & Native American art & artifacts... I prepped 16 cowboys, mostly Black Scorpion, to start work on this weekend. I also realized I haven't painted a western figure in over 3 years

I'm officially "getting better." The wrist is healing nicely, but I still have to wear a cast, albeit a smaller one, for quite some time. The wires came off my jaw yesterday and were replaced with high-strength elastic bands. Not much of an improvement in range of motion, but much more comfortable than the wires.

I just bought the Starmada: AE rules and a hex mat, so once things are better, expect to see some finished ships.

Ouch! Sorry to hear you got hurt Sarge. I'll have to troll troll through the past entries to see what happened. Take it easy and heal up.

I'm not planning to get anything done this month. By the time I get back, there won't be much month left and what there is will be taken up by upkeep and family time. I may get to touch brush to mini after the kids go to sleep but any painting will be a bonus.