New Dark Elves

KyleGibson

The first actual Dark Elf model (as opposed to Darkspawn) is in the previews. I was surprised to se no thread related to this in the Warlord General Discussion so I thought I would start one in order to collect all thoughts, speculations, and rumors on this new faction along with what we know if anything.

14575_w_1.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is the next big thing.. kargir play whak-n-elf

But seriously, for at least one sentence.. here is your one juicy tidbit of the day on the Darkreaches.....

The top picture is currently in testing as a sergeant model, and the picture Gus posted up is currently testing as a soldier..

There is the next big thing.. kargir play whak-n-elf

But seriously, for at least one sentence.. here is your one juicy tidbit of the day on the Darkreaches.....

The top picture is currently in testing as a sergeant model, and the picture Gus posted up is currently testing as a soldier..

If that's just a sergeant and a soldier, I'm afraid to ask what the Warlords or elites are going to look like!

I just hope they don't go all spidery and drow, since the Darkspawn already did that. I'd just like to see a nice ruthless evil surface level group of elves that have no demonic or spider ties.

Like what would happen to an Elven kingdom after a bunch of humans logged their forest and the dwarves strip mined the valleys and they just twigged and snapped and said we're just going to go and slaughter you all bring ruin to the entire world since you brought ruin unto us.

Like what would happen to an Elven kingdom after a bunch of humans logged their forest and the dwarves strip mined the valleys and they just twigged and snapped and said we're just going to go and slaughter you all bring ruin to the entire world since you brought ruin unto us.

Nothing says I'm a good neighbor quite like slaughtering everyone and bringing ruin upon the entire world. ::P:

I dunno, to me Darkspawn aren't really Drow. Yes they have elves that live underground, but it seems that the influence is demonic, and the subject is in part elven. There are a ton of demon models in that list and you could build a perfectly good Darkspawn list without even touching the elves. So I wouldn't mind seeing Darkreach be a more classic version of Drow. If that's the way it goes I'd love to see them get some sort of a darkness spell. Not really sure how it would translate into Warlord (reduced MAV/RAV perhaps, I don't know...). I just know that from the D&D adventures I've played in which featured Drow enemies, the whole Darkness thing was a huge hurdle to overcome and it really gave those Drow a unique feel (as opposed to "hey another AC number to overcome!! Let's rush it and whack it!").

But "Darkreach" isn't "Drow" so who knows what all is fit into the faction? I could see them going the "underground dark elves augmented by non-demonic Underdark monsters" route. That would differentiate them somewhat from Darkspawn. Not sure I can really imagine Drow rushing into battle alongside duergar though...