Sign in to follow this  
Hunk

Newbie elf squad

Hi

I'll try my first Warlord game on Monday or Tuesday. We are starting with 300 points, as none of us has played Warlord before. I have painted some Reaper elf models, so I'dlike to use them (the rest will be proxied with plastic D&D miniatures). The miniatures i'd like to use are:

Caerwynn

Vale Archer

Fiara, Vale Breaker

Nienna (could be used as vale archer or vale ranger)

Audine (panted more fair-elvish, than dark-elvish...)

Ice Queen (painted more woodish, than icy)

So, does anyone have any army composition suggestions? As I'm a newbie, please avoid too Magic heavy characters...

I'm also new at this, but I can say you want more melee fighters: warriors, guardsmen, deathseekers... spears are fun too because they can attack from the back row over the heads of your warriors.

Magic in this game is not complicated. Your caster has X points to spend on spells and each costs a certain amount, and when you're out of points it's over. If you're not dead first. :)

The unicorn can be deadly fun with its blink ability.

Ok, you definitely want to consider some more "grunts" at some point. However, with just the six models you listed...

Elves - 277 points

Troop 1

Larnach the Grey (use the Ice Queen)

Caerwynn

Vale Warrior x 2 (Nienna & Aundine)

Vale Swordsman (this is Fiara)

Vale Archer

It's not the best list, but if your opponent is at a similar loss for soldier models, it would probably be a reasonably fair fight.

~v

Edited by Shakandara

And even if he's got more soldiers, Caerwynn and the Vale Archer can try to drop a few on the way in, then Larnach can drop the sky on them. He's quite capable of making the bad guys have a bad day.