rgtriplec

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Northern Ones :poke:

Really, you should have seen that one coming :lol:

Pretty much everything is North of Taltos... like 20 give or take a couple.

I'm guessing not Okuru as no Asian factions have been rumored. Not the Highlands, no highlander rumors. Probably not Heimdall or Kijord because no vikings are rumored... that only leave Kargir.

Kargir, Northern Heimdall, Woodspike, and the whole mountain range in between. ::):

Thanks. I don't have Woodspike on either map of mine... I'm guessing it's a forest.

I wish that Kjord was included, would love to have a viking/barbarian faction for warlord.

Honestly there really isn't much stopping you from doing that now. I wanted an army from Okura so I took the Merc list and based it around Haranobu, Mika, and the Okuran ronin figures. I then went in and proxied Ogre Mages for my minotuars, converted a Mika for Artemis, grabbed a ninja for Dendris and I had a legal force that looked the way I wanted it to. Sadly I had to proxy in a few 100 kingdoms minis for my merc spearmen and crossbowmen since Reaper doesn't have bows or naginatas just yet. I'm waiting for Jason Wiebe to sculpt a couple of those and then I can go 100% Reaper.

For your Kjord army I would go with Orba and Sigurd for a nice solid start. 6054 is a 4 pack of Kjord warriors that you can flesh out as merc axemen or just warriors, 2306 would make a good caster depending on if you wanted to use much magic or not. Just type in viking in the figure finder and it gives you a nice selection of minis to work with. Don't let the lack of a book keep you from fielding an army that fits what you want.

I hope to be able to post my Okuran force here before too long but they are still well into the primer stage of painting.

good luck

Edited by Outkast Samurai

Cool ideas for Kjord/proxy, guys. I may have to steal...errrm...draw inspiration here, as well. With a few Kjord models, a couple of similar Reaper barbarian-types and a dozen or more Grenadier models, I have been toying with the idea of a couple of Viking troops or small fighting company.

Sadly I had to proxy in a few 100 kingdoms minis for my merc spearmen and crossbowmen since Reaper doesn't have bows or naginatas just yet. I'm waiting for Jason Wiebe to sculpt a couple of those and then I can go 100% Reaper.

It might be a little work to track some down, but the old L5R stuff that Reaper produced had bowmen, spearmen, and naginatas in it. They would 100% legal for tournament use if you could find someone that had some. PM me off forum, Craig, and I might be able to help.

~v