Sign in to follow this  
Darkrelease

Demons/devils

Ok, having reveiwed all of the Reaper Demon/Devil mins I now have all the AD&D Demons covered, however I am having a problem with the devils.  If anybody can tell me which Reaper minis represent the Devils in the AD&D Monster manuals that would be super great.  Thanks.

PS on a quick sidenote (just so I know I'm not going nuts) the warlord mini 14067 - Demon by Ben Siens is Baphomet from the MMII if you take away the wings is it not?

As far as demons...no, we don't have 'em all yet, just all of em from MM1. I saw on the pre-release list of minis-to-come that there will be a "Fly Demon". I assume this will be a "Chasme", which i believe came from MM2 (though FF is a possibility, i'm pretty sure y'all will correct me if i'm wrong).

So, Yes, we got types 1-6. We also have succubi. No lemures, but heck, stick any humanoid mini in a 300 degree oven for a couple of minutes & quickly drop it into water & you've got a lemure.

For Devils, we've got the "Barbed" devil (listed as "horned devil", i think). The Erinyes is coming out soon & is she beautiful! (in a deadly way of course). There are minis you could use as a pit fiend, of course, and blood imps make great abishai. Still waiting on most of the others.

any I missed?

and of course, i share arkangel's faith that they really are doing all of the MM1's plus a random assortment of the best of the others.

As for the Archdevils & demon princes, quite a number of us are still praying for Graz'zt...

wait, that didn't come out right.  :oo:

As for the Archdevils & demon princes, quite a number of us are still praying for Graz'zt...

wait, that didn't come out right.  

yes, yes! A Graz'zt mini! But one that looks better than that horrile picture in the fiend folio (?) Something a bit more befitting his "charm" and "good looks"  :D  O.k. how about just his "good looks" if you take away the horns, six fingers etc.

Lady Tam

My campaign is calling for an inner circle of pit fiends, for which I have assembled a collection of four Abysts (from the Boneyard), and done conversions on them to vary the look, the color, and the weapons.  Mephisto (DH 2729) will actually play Mephistopheles in an initially "cameo" appearance.  That will be a D&D session to remember.

I'm still hoping for a type VI demon (balor, etc.) from Reaper, but I already have a couple of old Ral Partha figures that work fairly well for him.

As far as devils go, the third-edition chained guys (chitons?), along with the Horned Devil ("malebranche"), the Bone Devil, the bearded devil ("barbazu"), and the other Archdukes are all that seem to be lacking now, unless Reaper does put out a "pit fiend" figure, in which case, I don't know what I'd do with all of my Abysts.  (Maybe they'd be the bouncers for the local fest-hall). :p

Infinity

it wasn't the barbed devil it was the bone devil. (i was thinking the name "bearded devil" later "barbazu"; but it was actually bone/osyluth)

I'm still hoping for a type VI demon (balor, etc.) from Reaper, but I already have a couple of old Ral Partha figures that work fairly well for him.

02654: Narglauth, Demon of Fire

product_image.php?imageid=523.jpg

This guy or the $40 GW LOTR balrog are your best choices

Admit it Infinity, you just DM so that you have an excuse to convert and paint minis.  :)

When I used to play, I was volunteered (ie. Drafted, press ganged, your choice) in painting characters minis. On the bright side, everyone would pick a mini representing their character for me to pain, and as payment, they would buy me a mini as payment. Another bright side was that the DM would buy minis to represent the monsters, and since I was the only one with a way of displaying them and keeping them, they bvecame mine by default.

I distinctly remember the insect devil being posted as a green. I am also fairly certain that there was a posting for a spiked devil.

Now, the demon mini that I would love to see is a draegloth from TSRs 'War of The Spider Queen', shown on the cover of the second book, 'Insurrection'.

Draegloths are half wolf demon (the one with four arms, two of which have pincers) and half dark elf. I do not know how official they are, but the cover of the novel had me in awe.

Then again, most things pained by Brom leave me in awe.  :;):