Reaper Warlord RPG???

Lucifer_Draconus

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in one of the older Casketworks there was a news bit about Reaper working on one about the time 3.x came out but all we got was one adventure. That was before Warlord was actually released. I was steamed that Reaper decideed to put out a wargame instead of the RPG but understood that minis are Reapers life blood so it made sense. But I still wanted a campaign setting or RPG based in the world not a one off adventure & small section in the first ed. Warlord book.

That said it was years ago. Instead of a RPG based on the Warlord rules I'd prefer one based on Pathfinder RPG or Rolemater Classic or Express. It doesn't make much sense putting out a all new rule system in a shrinking RPG market. Yet hitching a Warlord RPG to a proven seller like PF RPG especially since you already do business with them with the Pathfinder minis line. If not Pathfinder , why not Castle & Crusades from Troll Lord Games ? I'd love to see a Rolemaster based Warlord RPG but I don't see it happening.

While the world of Taltos would make an interesting RPG setting, I'd prefer that Reaper devote no internal resources to such a project. They have a hard enough time keeping up with Warlord, CAV and other RAGE based games.

But I've got nothing against the idea of Paizo doing some Taltos/Pathfinder stuff.