actually, I was considering playing WL with "hero" models only. I don't have much time for gaming, so the less minis the better :poke:

and I rarely like sculpts of grunt models ::(:

I'm not sure if this would work, but it would make for a truly heroic game with more RPG feel to it ::):

I run a "dungeon crawl" event at local conventions using a "lite" version of the Warlord rules (no FAs, WAs, or the like) with what amounts to an adventuring party of 4 heroic models - a fighter, magic user, cleric, and a thief - and it works great. The players love it. I run the event continuously throughout the entire con, resetting it every hour or so for a new group, and I have constant flow of eager participants. I see no reason why you couldn't play a friendly game of "all heroes" with someone else.

As a side note, remember that with the proxy rules for Warlord, you don't have to use the Warlord grunts for your soldiers. You can pick any "heroic" models you like from any of Reaper's lines and substitute them, and still have a perfectly tournament-legal army. ::):

~v

Note also that there is a fan-made rule set that combines Mordheim and Warlord. It leans more towards Warlord than Mordheim, but you might want to take a look at it, even if it's just going to be a starting place for your own method of combining the two games.

Link to the Downloads page - Brettinburg Campaign is what you're looking for