RP Blue Dragon

teh bunneh

This big guy I've had sitting on my shelf for years and years. I'm not even sure where I got him, I've had him so long. I think he's a Ral Partha dragon from way back in the day. I recently got a hankering to paint a dragon, and there he was...

As I was deciding how to paint him, I thought that his tail looked like a fish tail, and his claws looked like they were webbed. I decided to make him an undersea dragon! So I painted the his scales in a tourquois color that looked like water. I added the sand, seaweed, and the coral to his base to complete the look.

4101305305_20b1073cff.jpg

4101305461_cbcba675ee.jpg

4102060806_1634057b8f.jpg

4102060964_cf427fc343.jpg

Constructive criticism always welcome! :)

• Like 2

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this guy unpainted down stairs (bought from RP back in the day). You painted him how I've always envisioned. You're highlighting on the scales is awesome!

The only critique I'd have is that you could use some other undersea life in on the base, like an octopus or crab hiding under the rock, a few sponges, sea squirts, and/or starfish on the rock (stuff that can't really flee from the dragon).

Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.

Well done,

Andy

The only critique I'd have is that you could use some other undersea life in on the base, like an octopus or crab hiding under the rock, a few sponges, sea squirts, and/or starfish on the rock (stuff that can't really flee from the dragon).

Now there's a great idea. I might have to do that. Thanks!

Outstanding! Great work on the scales; the highlights really show off the geometric detail without getting too busy.

I like the little spots of red on the model and the base -- nice hint of contrast with the blue-green theme, but not overwhelming.