Sign in to follow this  
Bearfoot_Adam

Unit 3 packs

I was wondering if units are still being boxed in 3 packs. And if so can any unit be boxed this way or were only certain models released. I find this to be a handy number and nice price point to collect models over time. If not then is the only bulk order of units done in whatever increment equals 39.99. Thanks for the info.

That being said, you will still find some of those old 3-packs (and no, not everything was done in 3's: the models that were done in these smaller packs ranged anywhere from 2-4 per pack, depending on what it was and when it was released) in local and online game stores and through secondary markets (like eBay).

However, with the Boneyard back online, and Reaper offering free shipping on orders over $25, you can now easily place a small order for singles of every model from the army packs. Perhaps not the answer you were looking for, but there are options out there. ::):

~v

Nope, 3-packs were discontinued years ago. The only bulk option at this point is the 39.99 (usually 9 models) packs.

Why did Reaper change the pack sizes? I would think that 2-4 packs would be much easier to get game stores to carry and also better for new Warlord players.

Nope, 3-packs were discontinued years ago. The only bulk option at this point is the 39.99 (usually 9 models) packs.

Why did Reaper change the pack sizes? I would think that 2-4 packs would be much easier to get game stores to carry and also better for new Warlord players.

We did not change the pack size directly. We discontinued the 3 packs because they didn't sell. Afterwards, we said 'I wonder if 9 packs would sell?', so we gave them a try. They sell better than the 3 packs ever dreamed of selling, so here we are. ::):

I deduced another reason why the 3-packs were such good deals. All the packs I've found have stickers on them from 2004 I'm guessing that some inflation has happened in the past 6 years. Yee-ha for for shop keepers not keeping a good account of their inventory. I jut got 3 bull orc archers and 6 hunters for the grand price of $38.00

I think a 9 pack of either one of those is the same in total. heheh ::):

Granted you'd have either 9 Archers or 9 hunters.

Joshua

Well I'd only get 6 archers.... but yeah I'd much rather have the variety right now

We did not change the pack size directly. We discontinued the 3 packs because they didn't sell. Afterwards, we said 'I wonder if 9 packs would sell?', so we gave them a try. They sell better than the 3 packs ever dreamed of selling, so here we are. ::):

Then I rest my case! Obviously, I havn't got any access to any of your sales figures, so I was just speculating... As a small FLGS owner who has recently started running some Warlord in the store, I have seen a demand for the different poses/sculpts of the figures without having to buy 8-12 models at the same time. But one small game store far far away from Texas is hardly representative.

Check out the boneyard in the Reaper store. You can order singles from the army packs for them, which allows them to add just a couple archers, hospitalers, or whatever without having to buy the whole army pack. Any army pack you click on should have the puzzle piece beside it, and if you click on the puzzle piece it willl tell you prices for the individual pieces.

Afterwards, we said 'I wonder if 9 packs would sell?', so we gave them a try. They sell better than the 3 packs ever dreamed of selling, so here we are. ::):

It sure would be nice to know who these nine packs are selling to. I can't help but think that the nine pack is selling mostly to Warhammer players, rather than Warlord players, simply because Warhammer is focused more at the larger 10-20 figure units, and the nine pack suits that system well.

From the standpoint of the Warlord rules, the three packs still make more sense, even if the sales figures say otherwise. OTOH, who am I to complain if the Warhammer players subsidize Warlord?

Well I like the nine packs fine now, but hated them when they came out because of the adept rules.

They sell better than the 3 packs ever dreamed of selling, so here we are. ::):

I file this firmly in the same camp as "why would anyone need more plastic pre-paint skellies and orcs". Despite all annecdotal evidence to the contrary, Reaper does very well with their LE line, and it seems that this is also the case regarding 3-packs and WL starter boxes vs. army packs.

~v