Honestly Mage Knight was where I start tabletop tactics games, and everyonce in a while I pull out my Draconums and have at with good ol' 1.0 rules. It's a great fast game that got killed by bad changes and poor product support.

Honestly Mage Knight was where I start tabletop tactics games, and everyonce in a while I pull out my Draconums and have at with good ol' 1.0 rules. It's a great fast game that got killed by bad changes and poor product support.

I agree, although I'd go so far as to state that the first generation miniatures were about as close to garbage as anything you'd see on the market. Once they began rereleasing old minis with new sculpts, though, that game rocked. It did begin to go off the rails, though, when they began fiddling around with the 2.0 rules. I still have a zillion minis they made, though... been using them for a variety of games and conversion projects for years.

• 2 weeks later...

Mage Knight was my first tabletop game as well. Found an article on a battletech forum stating that WizKids was going to be making a mechwarrior game similar to their Make Knight game, so I wrangled up all the friends I could and decided to get into Mage Knight to figure out the general game mechanic. We were avid Risk players but were new to the whole tabletop skirmish concept.

Unfortunately I dumped the VAST majority of my mage knight some time ago, well before getting into D&D. What few models I have, though, probably around 50 models, are all re-based and re-tasked as dungeon fodder. Every once in a while I pop onto ebay and look for cheap lots. I would probably buy more if I DMed more.

They work quite well, as you can get a high number of models for your dollar, and they're pre painted.