Sign in to follow this  
Duliniel

Alatriste / Aragorn conversion

This is my first mini since my 4 month pregnancy hiatus. I painted him as a Christmas gift for my brother-in-law, who is a fan of the Alatriste novels by Arturo Pérez-Reverte. My husband (who sometimes lurks around here as "Taliesin") did the conversion using a GW Aragorn and the hat and sword from Reaper's Olivia Musketeer (#03012). I'm not sure where the pistol came from, but I'm fairly certain it's from a Reaper mini. I chose the color palette based on Viggo Mortensen's portrayal of Alatriste (which is also why the Aragorn mini worked nicely).

post-2886-1261942975_thumb.jpg

post-2886-1261943140.jpg

• Like 1

That is an awesome conversion and a very nice paintjob :wub: I bet your brother-in-law was very happy to get his one under the tree.

Very seldom do I see a mini that I think I would buy that and not ask the price. The leather is perfect.

Wow, great conversion and lovely paintjob. You did an excellent job of bringing out the character. That is not so easy for a model of an actual actor. It's not only recognizable as Viggo but as el Capitan, too.

I love the books too, at least the ones that are translated to English. I have not had the chance to see the movie yet, I'll check around to see if it's available.

That's not a dumb question! I use MiniNatur grass from Scenic Express. It comes in little clumps and is available in different sizes and colors.

Beautiful work. Here's a dumb question, how do you get your grass to stay in tight clumps like that?

Thanks, that makes more sense than what I was thinking!