2010 Roll call

What are your plans for 2010?

Mine is CAV. All CAV. I want to finish every CAV mini I own. I think there's 60ish assorted models, including infantry. I'll have to make a list. Lists are neat.

How about you?

Oh and doesn't 2010 sound futurey?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question, but it's tough to plan with any detail or accuracy until my experiments with dipping and other speed techniques are done. Looking ahead, my tabletop priorities will be Warlord Dwarves, Necropolis and Sisters of the Blade. Time & demand permitting, some demo groups of Elves, Reven (heavy on the proxy) and maybe some for the new WL factions could land on the workbench.

Taking stock & glancing back, a few Dwarves were finished a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, they have since demanded a new color scheme. Their snow/rock basing is also painfully slow to customize and complete for each individual, so this may need to be simplified or outright abandoned. Pre-cast bases might work, but how much time this would save vs. available budget is anybody's guess. Necropolis - some skellies done, plus a batch almost ready for dipping (the brush-on version) and completion in 2010. Only two Sisters have seen paint, so far. All of these are DHL models for rank & file proxy, so I am trying to take into account some extra time for assembly (mostly official WL Dwarves), conversion, leaders and large/giant models.

Okay, enough musing, time to start planning...hmmm...well, if I can step up the pace dramatically, I would love to break 150 new models painted in 2010. Call it 75 x Dwarves, 50 x Necropolis and 25 x Sisters of the Blade. Add 20 Dwarves to be partially re-painted. In any case, 150+ is a huge jump, roughly 5 x the number of tabletop models I have ever painted in any 12-month period.

Not sure how much I can reasonably get done in 2010. I'll be gone for at least six months out of the year. What I really want to do is work through the pile o' pewter. I've got 200+ unpainted figs that are languishing in boxes. And that is just the Reapers. Ideally I would like to finish up the outstanding figures for my Necropolis and Overlord forces. I may add some RPG figs in there for variety. I've got a half dozen RBG figs that are crying out to be painted. Last years goal was to paint more than I acquired. The clearance sale at miniaturemarket killed unless I get a few more figs done by New Years.

Alright. Official goals for 2010.

1. Finish my Necros and Overlords.

2. Paint 50 figs.

If I finish the first I'll should be able to finish the second.

I want to come up with two or three workable armies for F.A.D. using CAV infantry and other parts. This is mostly done already, so I just need to do some army-list tinkering and some remaining customizations - jetbikes for example.

I need to figure out what to do with my large CAV collection since I don't play it anymore - I'd be open to help.

I want to paint more than I create or purchase, but am not going to be setting a numeric goal this time.

I want to come up with two or three workable armies for F.A.D. using CAV infantry and other parts. This is mostly done already, so I just need to do some army-list tinkering and some remaining customizations - jetbikes for example.
Sorry 'bout that
I need to figure out what to do with my large CAV collection since I don't play it anymore - I'd be open to help.
don't look at me, I have enough of my own to do. I just started on an Emperor that's been sitting primed for over two years now.

I'd like to get at least 1,000 points of Brets done seeing as how they've been sitting in my house since Christmas, two years ago. (Well, not completely. I've finished three Knights of the Realm, One Pegasus Knight, and a handful of Men at Arms and Peasant bowmen...in three years -- I've GOT to quit being so anal about painting troops :upside: )

While accomplishing that, I'd like to put together a 1,000 pt Warlord army too, though I haven't yet settled on a faction. I have odd models from several.

So choose a Warlord Faction, and paint 1,000 points of both Brets and my chosen Warlord Faction. Those are the goals.

And in between there I'll paint a display model or two as well.

I have several ideas for the Reapercon painting contest. I plan on figuring out which ideas I'm going to work on and hopefully work on them.

I would like to get the majority of my Darkspawn army done.

I have a large dragon project that I would like to get done.

Not buying so many minis might be a good goal too.

On the block to be finished by the end of the first quarter

15mm Napoleonics:

368 British Infantry

138 Portuguese Infantry

12 British Artillery Pieces

48 British Artillery Crewmen

3 Portuguese Artillery Pieces

12 Portuguese Artillery Crewmen

36 British Heavy Dragoons

48 British Light Dragoons/Hussars

28mm Napoleonics to be finished by the end of the 2nd quarter

144 British Infantry

3 British Artillery Pieces

12 British Artillery Crewmen

Plus what ever else crops up like stuff for painting competitions (first up Genghis Con in February)

Not buying so many minis might be a good goal too.

Those look like English words, but the sentence reads as gibberish. :)

I have serious problems sticking to that commitment, even though I say it once a year.

I'm determined this time.