Sign in to follow this  
fieldarchy

Jolie Scribe

Hey everyone,

I have been painting like nobody's business lately. Trying to get as much done as possible.

Here are a few of my latest items:

Jolie Scribe--Display Quality

Vote here for Jolie the Scribe

post-2071-1262639474_thumb.jpgpost-2071-1262639458_thumb.jpg

post-2071-1262639465.jpg

Daughter of the Whip Conversion--Tabletop Quality

post-2071-1262639524.jpg

Dicarus Darksword--Tabletop Quality

post-2071-1262639551.jpg

Wolfen mini for Jacketboss--Display Quality (pictures could be better, white is hard to capture well)

Vote here for Shurat the Wolfen Warlord

post-2071-1262639630_thumb.jpg

post-2071-1262639637_thumb.jpg

post-2071-1262639645_thumb.jpg

Space Marine turned into a Christmas Ornament (I was too late for 2009 so he's ready for 2010!)

Vote here for Christmas Space Marine

post-2071-1262640105.jpg

post-2071-1262640110.jpg

post-2071-1262640115.jpg

*Edit*

Olivia Druid Halfling

Vote here for Olivia

post-2071-1262641855_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

nice to see some new stuff, Meg...

i wondered what you've been up to the last few weeks...

personally, your choices of color pallette, and your metals, still don't do anything for me...

that said, Shurat is one of the best minis i've ever seen you paint...

the tones in the metals are bland, but the shading and highlighting look great...

the skin and eyes are so cool!!!

it helps that this is one of my favorite sculpts of all time...

cheers

jah

The greens on Jolie are fantastic and vibrant. The purples look a bit flat in comparisson, but the flesh and other effects are terrific.

The Wolfen dude is amazing. I agree with Jah that this is some of your best work. The skin is so smooth... really terrific.

Olivia is the sleeper of this group. Her face and tartan are quite nice, but te yellows look a bit flat on the tartan, perhaps some brownish glazes over the yellow to shade? Again, your greens are really terrific.

It's always inspirational to see your work.

pez :zombie:

I love the eyes and skin on Jolie. You made the eyebrows seem to have more dimension with the extreme highlight directly above them and then the darker skin a little further up helps give more shape to the forehead. I like her nose too. I like how the greens are blended on her back collar. And the wolfen is impressive. Did you blackline (or grayline) the edges of all his clothing/armour/equipment?

Outstanding work on all the pieces, Jolies faces is just great. The green on her is very vibrant. I personally probably would have used gold for the trim it would have contrasted more with the purple.

And the wolfen is impressive. Did you blackline (or grayline) the edges of all his clothing/armour/equipment?

The wolfen took me about a month to complete while I was also going through the last month of school. I spent all of my time on that mini as it is for display for Jim. Everything is lined. I did all of that before I put any color to the mini.

wow... :wub:

and dammit!!! because Jolie have been sitting on my desk fr quite a while now, can't seem to get her just right... and with a paint job this cool it have not become any easier... :rolleyes: