65064: Medusa

65049: Garravank, Ghoul King

65039: Altar of Evil

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. You're tellin' me exactly what I want to hear!! It is a testament to the times indeed. This past weekend I met a friend who introduced me to D&D back in '82, and he hasn't been into miniatures, ever. He did remark at how incredible the models are now compared to those early ones, and I love them dearly. I can't, I won't and I don't, stop.

All of this talk is just enabling me, as the recovery folks would put it.

Now, feeling enabled, I think I will put in that small (keep it small... keep... it... smallllll...) order I've been meaning to make all this week.

Umm...does it count if you bought the minis to give to someone else...? For myself, I've only bought Werner Klocke's Freebooter Assassin #3 (which was actually on backorder from December...so that shouldn't really count, right?), but I did buy some Black Scorpion Dwarf Pirates, Dwarf Rogues and Dwarf Pirate Captain for Chaoswarlord.

Oh, wait...yeah, I bought some Malifaux miniatures, too....dang it, just when I was starting to feel virtuous about *not* buying a lot of minis yet....

Eh, the tagline says it all....

So far for the year- nothing.

Planned purchases- no time soon.

I deploy soon so not much time to paint. Underway I'll have no opportunity. Last deployment I brought a few minis and a small selection of paints thinking that I'd get some painting done during a liberty port, but it just took up precious rack space. Not bringing anything paint related except videos this time.

Of course, being good for nine months means I have karmic justification to buy a great deal of the pretty metal that comes out while I'm gone right?

I've picked up Echidnox, and Platypod...then a pair of 50mm forest bases for them.

So far, the bases are primered and I have spent entirely too much time watching you-tube videos about painting and not putting theory and knowledge into practice. If I could only go see the Wizard and get some courage. I'll get 'em done soon.

So far for the year- nothing.

Planned purchases- no time soon.

Heh...I spoke (typed?) too soon. Stopped by the FLGS ad picked up some LE Skeleton archers (20002) and Ghost (20017) to bulk out my Warlord army. So that is 4 minis for the year. As they are prepaints though, I'm not counting them against my painted/bought ratio.

I still cannot find the Cold Navy stuff on ravenstar site. It's almost like they don't want my money. What's the deal with that anyway? They have a site where they try to sell a product, but they don't bother putting new products on the site?

It's not there, send him an email with what you want and he'll send you a PayPal invoice. My understanding is that there was problems with the redesigned site and for whatever reason hasn't put the CN items in the old storefront. The new site design's been coming Soon for some time. He better watch out, Reaper might decide to protect their trademark.

Traded: Capt. Dariius and a 'jack for an Uncharted Seas Iron Dwarf starter and two heavy cruisers (12 ships total).

Also, bought a Peace River Starter Army - has GP and FS squads (will need to be stripped), and Strike squad - still in box (15 figs total).

Not doing too poorly for the year, actually. Unfortunately, I am trying to get rid of some stuff, in order to get more stuff. . . . .