Minis you've bought in 2010

Nanite

Ordered a couple carriers and three frigates for my Mauridian fleet. These will be the last mini purchases for a while. I need to spend the hobby budget on storage and basing supplies.

I keep saying that too, but it hasn't happened yet. :rolleyes:

Actually, my next planned purchases are a couple hundred dollars worth of storage (I have a lot of Leman Russes, and then a bunch of Tau tanks, a Baneblade . . . . those things take up some space) and about $300 worth of Hirst molds. And the new MK II warmachine rules. After that, I can start buying figs again.

Of course, there is always a better-than even-odds chance that I will walk out of next visit to a gaming store with more figs. Or score some sweet trades on Btown.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered a couple carriers and three frigates for my Mauridian fleet. These will be the last mini purchases for a while. I need to spend the hobby budget on storage and basing supplies.

I got my old job back today. I'm now making less then I did on unemployment, though it feels awesome to be working again.

So yeah, spending freeze. Looks like the old Orks (been hanging out at frothers to much) I bought on ebay will be the last for me for a while. They still haven't arrived yet, so my balance isn't tallied.

Edit: Orks arrived: 2 Pulse Rockets, 10 grot techs (all GorkaMorka era, I think), 7 Orks (2nd or 3rd edition docs and techs).

$40 for all of them not bad, I think.

New total:

Minis acquired: 27

Minis completed: 5

$85 spent on minis in 2010.

Of course, being good for nine months means I have karmic justification to buy a great deal of the pretty metal that comes out while I'm gone right?

Right!

1 purchased 02/06 - New Years Sophie (72mm) - vs. 18 minis finished so far.

I have bought a lot, but it will last me quite a while. This is from December until now.

50 Chinese 1st dynasty foot soldiers

10 Chinese 1st dynasty cavalry $50 (Gift for my wife)

14 32mm fantasy from Valiant Enterprises $70

30 DHL blisters $110 (Proceeds from the sale of other minis)

Cinder $18 (?)

5 Ral Partha d&d minis, Jabberwocky, small dragon,

elf chariot and Dwarf Cannon all by Tom Meier $12 + $10 shipping

All the Chinese are finished and 20 other various minis, Cinder, the Jabberwocky and Chimera sculped by the forum's IG88,

Another 200ish stripped and another 100 primed.

I just added some more figs. I picked up the Mines of Moria version of the LoTR game, and added another 34 figs. I think my total for the year is now 67 figs, and 3 finished. It sounds really bad, but next weekend should see a bunch of figs get finished, so I might only be down by 35 or 40 at the end of the month.

(This year might be particularly bad, now that I think of it. I want to get my Ogres to 2k, which is only a dozen figs, my dwarves to 2k, which is probably 100 figs, add another 10-20 figs to my Marines, add 20-30 figs to my Orks, and build both a good and evil force for the LoTR mass combat game, which is probably another 200-300 figs, all told. So, Maybe another 500 figs for the year already in the planning, and possibly another couple hundred in random purchases. . . . )

16514? - Nefsokar Starter Set

14138 - Anubis Guard 3 pack

14276 - Skeletal Chain Gang (swapped out the chains for pistols and sabres)

14084 - Soul Cannon

3153 - Bongani, Savage King on Throne

2767 - Urn of Ashs

2724 - Egyptian Sarcophagus

2674 - Chimera

of those Ive only painted one Anubis Guard, and I didn't realize until I saw the army card that they (and the Ammat Devourers) are supposed to be statues, so I had to change my plans a bit.

I have since painted 8 of the 9 Ammat Devourers

My estimate above is probably way off. I have been tying to organize my piles of junk in the basement, getting rid of some stuff and keeping others. I am trading 60 figs (all OOP GW stuff) for 221 LoTR figs. I think my net gain for the year is currently standing at 228 figs, and 3 painted. And the year is only 1/6 over.

And, next month, I am taking a load of terrain to a consignment store, where I already have some credit. And I will do the same in May. Fortunately, I plan on picking up some rulebooks and some big models (ie, a Battlewagon and some Killa Kans for my orks, a Mumak for LoTR, etc), which will use credit fast, but not add much to my model count.

Bought: One Pan figure from McVey Studios

Completed: 6 Minis

Planned: Purchase a particular new dragon from Reaper to finish for ReaperCon!

Iron Painter is a great way for me to finish more than I purchase, especially as my personal rule is I cannot purchase anything new for IP.

Purchased so far...reapers off of ebay, including Rauthoros (yay!) total of 10. Also, 2 darksword dragons which will probably be stuck in their respective boxes for awhile (well, after I take them out and figure out how they fit together...hey, who doesn't do that with dragons!). Got my eyes on a few more on ebay as well...painted so far is 5, but not sure if they all should count since some were started before Jan 1.

-Z

Add a Dark Eldar Cruiser, and some odds and ends to the "acquired" list, putting me over $100 spent on minis this year.  Did finish one more CAV Nomad.

Minis acquired: 28

Minis completed: 6

I really need to get some Trek or Babylon 5 fleets done, that will help the balance sheet.

Heh, I just bought a bag of Old Glory Trojan Wars spearmen (30 figures!) and Crusader Late Roman archers (8 figures!). Tomorrow I plan on picking up a box of GW High Elf WHite Lions (5 figures!), and will order for SFB 2 Klingon E-4s, a sprue of deflectors (because the ones on my Feddie FFs were mangled) and a bunch of plastic bases. So that'll be another 45 figures for the month... :blink:

Damon, ebay has been kind to me lately...