Minis you've bought in 2010

Nanite

Add a Dark Eldar Cruiser, and some odds and ends to the "acquired" list, putting me over $100 spent on minis this year. Did finish one more CAV Nomad.

Minis acquired: 28

Minis completed: 6

I really need to get some Trek or Babylon 5 fleets done, that will help the balance sheet.

Nomads...they too have a place in that special hell referred to by Shepard Book.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered some Heroscape stuff for my son's birthday. Some 1:72 plastic vikings and saxons for my 10 yr old (he wants to paint too). And three sets of magnetic flight stand adapters.

Ok, ok, I could help it. There was little left in the monthly budget, so I ordered a Victory Star Destroyer from Studio Bergstrom. This of course means that I will need TIE of various types next month as well as some fighters for my Mauridians.

This is all Crunch's fault.  I ordered a Cold Navy Kharadorn fleet from Ravenstar.  10 models.  Had some ebay money, and Ravenstar had a sale, so my total for the year is around $150.

Minis Acquired: 38

That's the last for a while.

This is all Crunch's fault. I ordered a Cold Navy Kharadorn fleet from Ravenstar. 10 models. Had some ebay money, and Ravenstar had a sale, so my total for the year is around $150.

Minis Acquired: 38

That's the last for a while.

Muwahahahahahahaha! The Enabler strikes again!

Just back from a local con where I picked up Croc Games Harbinger of Osiris and GW's Galadriel and Celeborn for $2 each off some guy's flea market table. :wow: Should make for some good painting sometime soon.

That and the mixed lot of 2nd hand Reaper figures I got off ebay ought to keep me busy a while.

At a small local convention, I picked up 5 new models - 3 WL Necros (the deal on Grave Horror was too good to pass up), Tierdeleira, and DHL Labella DeMornay (banshee).

2010 count: 6 purchased vs. 19 painted. On the other hand, there are 737+/- minis going up for sale, soon.

I last replied to this thread on March 2, having purchased only a single mini so far for the year.

Since that time, life has been one long stream of rationalizations of how, why, and when I need small things. Suffice it to say I have purchased enough metal in the ensuing two-months-and-change to patch a small hole in a sinking battleship.

I put aside the CAV bits I've been working on...

and bought the ALF robot, and Dr. Totenkrantz!

Two more for the pile, I need an nice even 40: :wow:

Minis Acquired: 40

Minis completed: 8

Between trade-in metal, promotional items, and outright purchases, I walked away from Reaper Con this year with 38 minis. I got a lot of CAV and Chronoscope stuff, a smattering of DHL, both of this year's ReaperCon Sophies and a Sonic Girl. Plus I bought two packs of plastic slotted bases for the Chronoscope stuff and took advantage of Reaper's paint special.

(and I bought my girlfriend a set of the Mouseling Heroes. Don't tell her, it's a surprise :ph34r: )

Ooops.  Got tired of waiting in traffic, pulled into the FLGS, and came out 8-minis richer.  Three 40K (got em before they marked the prices up), Two Chronoscope, a Brain Horror, and Two SFB ships.

Total is up to 48.

I've actually been pretty good about not buying stuff since I last replied to this thread. I think all I have gotten since then is

Echidnox

Platypod

Ice Demon

and 2 figs for the exchange (so really, it's only like 1, right? Since I am giving the other away and all. . . )

The bad thing is that I found a way to make a regular Warmachine group. And picked up the Retribution book. Looks like I'm going to start on another army. (The smart thing to do would be pick up the Cryx book and use my current Cryx models as the core of a new army. . . but I'm not feeling very smart right now. :upside: )