Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde RPG

(Taryn)

You push, but nothing happens. You do, however, notice a faint semi-circular mark on the floor that tells you that the door, when triggered, pivots in the middle (like a revolving door does).

Brag starts pushing on the stones around the door, if that doesn't work he helps Taryn with the pushing on one side of it.

(Brag & Taryn)

You both push....and push..but it seems to be fairly well secured. Maybe the unlocking mechanism is elsewhere.

Taryn gives up on the door and goes over to inspect the sign...bored, he sees if his hand fits inside the outlined handprint.

"Time to move on?" he asks the others.

(Taryn)

Your hand does indeed more-or-less fit the print on the sign.

(Brag)

The door suddenly yields to your pushing and revolves in a quarter-circle, revealing a hidden room. The first thing that catches your dwarven eyes in the room is a huge circular stone wash basin on a raised pedestal in the middle of the room. On the wall opposite the door you are looking through, there is a mirror and what looks to be a box of some sort fastened to the wall.

(Kane)

For a moment you think you hear a noise down the corridor, but it is only for a moment. The sound was kind of like something metallic being pulled across stone.

How clean is this room? Espically the wash basin & mirror? Is the box locked, padlock?

"Nice one." Brag says with a smile to Taryn

"I was just bored", Taryn says with a shrug. "I hope this 'Lord Arbitrary' is good for the reward...from what I've seen so far, I'm severely doubting his sanity."

Kane looks over his shoulder at the rest of the party.

Anybody else hear that? For a moment I could have sworn I heard some sort of grating noise coming from down the corridor here.

"I didn't hear anything...maybe we should post a guard in the hallway, though, just in case. Ivan, go keep an eye on things with him, would you?"

Solace glances back at the magic user and his man, in the hallway behind her, and tells Leo to go wait with them. "You yell good and loud if anything shows up out in the hall."

"Morath, wait here in this room and keep your eyes open. We still don't know this area is safe."

Against her better judgment Solace moves to the doorway of 'the washroom'.

(Brag)

The room is cleaner than the rest of the dungeon...cleaner than The Epicurean Orc even (though that's probably not saying much). The room does not seem to be littered with rat-droppings like the room to which it is attached, and there aren't any oogey fungii or moulds growing on walls, floor, ceiling etc.

(all PCs exploring the room)

The wash-basin in the middle of the room is for the most part a simple stone bowl deep and wide enough to bathe a halfling in. As you draw closer you see that it is filled with water that appears to be clean and potable.

(Chu)

Upon inspecting the mirror, you see yet another secret room containing a wash-basin, half a dozen assorted persons with various weapons and torches, and a face staring back at you with wide elven eyes. You move on to the box which is attached to the wall next to the mirror.

It seems to be a mundane cabinet-type box made of some sort of thin metal measuring around 2' tall, 1' wide and maybe 6 inches deep. There are no markings on it save for the words "Insert 1 gold coin" above a coin-sized slot. Below the slot there is a row of small levers. If such a thing as a vending machine exists in Spike's Olde Worlde, it seems you have just found one.

(Kane)

Leo joins you in the hallway to keep watch and help with any trouble that might arise