Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde RPG

Recommended Posts

Chalking up to possibly being a hidden room that the room is clean, Brag's interest focuses on the box, the coin slot has him intrigued.

 

"A uncle of mine told me about these things. Thou I can't really recall what he said came out of them, he was a bit plastered with very hard dwarven stout at the time." Brag says as he reaches into his coin pouch & pulls out a gold coin (-1 GP).

 

Brag inserts a coin.........

 

Is there anything above or below the levers? Faded words, pictures?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Brag)

 

You hear a ker-klunk as your coin falls into the machine's inner-workings, but now that that is done, you note that there are no words or pictures or any instructions of any kind on the device to help you decide which of the six levers to pull. You do, however, notice a hole in the bottom of the box that would seem to be the logical place for whatever comes out to come out through.

 

(Chu)

 

Even before Brag can make his choice, you drop a copper coin into the slot. You hear a ker-plink-chunk-click. You decide to try out the levers and see what happens. The first one you try at random (my d6-Of-Destiny decides) is the third one from the left. Something drops from a hole in the bottom of the box to the floor. Upon closer inspection, you discover that it is a tiny one-inch-square tin-foil envelope of "VANISHING CREAM" The sparse instructions printed on the other side of the packet advise you to "Apply externally to prevent visibility".

 

The machine kept your copper.

 

(Kane)

 

You hear the same scraping noise again. This time it sounds closer. You see Raaruu the gnoll draw his sword.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kane takes the time to hide himself well in the shadows in preparation to ambush whatever is approaching.

 

Eyes forward everyone, something wicked this way comes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Chu retrieves his prize, Brag will pull the 6th lever.

 

Thou upon hearing there might be trouble, he grabs whatever comes out & heads to the hallway with his axe & shield ready for action.

 

RM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace watches Brag and Chu toying with the strange box. It's not something she would have expected to find in the tunnels, but then the washroom itself seems quite exceptional in this location. She steps aside as they rush out of the room alerted by something in the hallway, aware that Leo has not raised an alarm yet.

 

Commending Morath on his duty she takes a long last look around at the dead rats before moving to join the rest in the hallway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Brag)

 

You pull the sixth lever, and Chu's copper coin comes falling to the floor. You grab it up, then make for the hallway with weapon and shield ready for a fight.

 

(All PCs who are in the hall)

 

Soon enough, you see what Kane would likely be sure is the source of the scraping noise. A humongous grey rat the size of a wolf comes tail-first round the furthest bend in the hallway (the westward bend). By its teeth it is dragging what might be a helm or other bit of armour. It begins dragging its prize northward but then it sees you all waiting, drops its prize, and begins charging toward you. A second rodend of slightly smaller but still unusual size comes from out of the shadowy extremes of the northward hallway and follows after its mate. (You all have to guess which is Mickey and which is Minnie).

 

Adventurers have initiative. What y'all gonna do? Post actions below.

 

Oh..and here's where everybody is.

 

post-909-12677669405219.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace's eyes widen at the sight and then she ducks back around the corner, flattening herself on the wall to let Chu pass. "There's bound to blood at the end of this fight", she says, feeling in her pack for her bandages and ointment. She gives Leo and Morath an encouraging sign. "And if they come at you, don't hesitate to strike!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Paraphin)

 

Being out of combat magic for the day, Paraphin remains in the rear ranks, but is thoughtful enough to ask Raaruu to move out of the way so the archers can shoot.

 

(Chu-toi)

 

You wriggle your way to the main corridor and take two quick shots at the nearest rat from over the dwarf's head. Your first arrow misses, but the second strikes its target in its side. The rat squeals and hisses and charges forward with an arrow quivering in its side.

 

(Brag)

 

As Chu-toi was moving into position, so was Shayla. The flurry of arrows seems to devastate the foe. Shayla's first shot is successful, but the second misses. The rat squeals ferociously from being twice wounded. It remains to be seen whose arrow it is that is protruding from the rat's side.

 

Now that the shooting is over, you move forward to close the distance between you and the rats and to protect those behind you.

 

(Taryn)

 

You also rush forward with sword drawn, ready to skewer the nasty not-so-little beast.

 

(Solace)

 

You remain at a safe distance and prepare to aid the wounded should they need you. You do, however, encourage your hirelings Leo and Morath to stand brave and defend themselves.

 

The two, armed with spear and axe, place themselves just north of where the hallway to the privvy joins the northward passage.

 

(Kane)

 

You push your way past Leo and Morath in an attempt to save face, but do not knock yourself out to beat Brag and Taryn to the scrum. There's no reason to get blood and guts on you so long as others are willing to steal the pleasure.

 

(Rat #1)

 

The wounded rat lurches forward at its attackers, teeth gnashing and claws clawing. It engages Brag and Taryn just south of the next westward intersection in the passageway and tears into the dwarf with all its fury. Its claws only manage to scrape at the dwarf's armour, but its bite sinks into Brag's forearm.

 

(Rat #2)

 

The second rat, seeing a target of opportunity in front of it, attacks the first rat with its claw, further wounding the first rodent.

 

(Brag)

 

You take 5 damage from the bite, but for your part, you take a mighty swing at the rat that has wounded you and wound it even more.

 

(Taryn)

 

You also take a swing at the rat, but miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing a lull in the crashing and squealing, Solace leans around the corner to look down the hallway. She sees the two unusually sized rodents still on their feet, and Brag, though bloodied, standing before them. Since nobody is calling for her help, she returns to her safe spot behind the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...