Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde RPG

Recommended Posts

The bite is bad, bad enough that Brag thinks about retreating but then what would his father think!!

 

He takes a swing at the Rat again

 

1d20+1 14+1 = 15

 

Damage if that is a hit:

 

1d8+1 4+1 = 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[on behalf of Jay, who has been sick in bed]

 

Chu will shoot at whichever rat he has a clear aim for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Brag)

 

You take another swing at the larger rat, striking it soundly in the hindquarters as it tries to avoid the rodent behind it. The floor is becoming rather slippery.

 

(Taryn)

 

That large rat is bleeding like..well..like a snared rat. You swing mightily, but your foot slips and you miss mightily.

 

(Solace)

 

From the din of squealing rats you can probably guess the fight is nearing a satisfactory end, but you know you and your healing skills will soon be needed. Meanwhile, Raaruu the gnoll stands faithfully near his new master and unfortunately in the hallway with you..and is not in the least bit apologetic over smelling like wet-doggy.

 

(Chu)

 

Amidst all the swords and axes a-clashing ahead, you see the larger rat has squeezed through an opening between Brag and Taryn. You could take an aimed shot, but there's still some risk you'll wound one of your own comrades. You hesitate.

 

/ If you still want to take that shot next round, I'll give you a +2 bonus for taking careful aim, but if you fail, there will be a 50% chance (Don't roll low) that you'll hit Brag, Kane or Taryn instead. /

 

(Paraphin)

 

The wizard has readied a dagger, and is muttering something about smelly cheese.

 

(Kane)

 

It seems your opportunity has finally come as the larger rat squeezes its way past the two fighters. You lunge forward and swipe at its backside with your blade... but miss. (My d20 has a case of the two-flu tonight)

 

(The rats)

 

Both rats chomp and scratch at the air in frenzied frustration. (And somewhere, a pink d20 is quarantined away from my other dice lest the whole lot come down sick)

 

The battle map post-909-12688889583592.gif

 

POST YER NEXT ACTIONS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kane steels himself for another strike at the crafty rat that evaded his first attack [Attack Roll d20+0=11] [Damage Roll d4+0=1]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chu waits for a better shot. It's poor practice to cause more damage to your party than the monsters do...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again, Brag swings his axe at the creature!!

 

1d20+1

13+1 = 14

 

1d8+1

5+1 = 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Taryn)

 

You swing at the less-wounded smaller rat, but it is quick on its four feet and dodges your sword.

 

(Kane)

 

You attack the larger rat, which is now trapped between a rock and a hard place, but it does a quick about-face and bolts away from you.... straight into Brag's axe.

 

(Brag)

 

It seems you were in the right place at the right time. The doomed creature leaps right under your axe. Had it been a smaller rat, you might have taken its head completely off. The floor is quite slippery now.

 

(Chu)

 

Your best target is now quite dead. The other rat is still dancing around wtih Taryn, completely unscathed.

 

(The smaller rat)

 

The remaining rat springs at Taryn and attacks with both claws, wounding Taryn's left hand.

 

(Taryn)

 

You take 2 points of damage.

 

 

POST NEXT ACTIONS EVERYBODY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Agh! Why you little..." angry at being wounded, Taryn strikes, wielding the sword in his unwounded right hand. [attack d20+1=14; damage 1d8+1=3]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Taryn)

 

You got a piece of him alright, but unlike the larger rat, this one just lets forth a loud piercing squeal and then turns tail and runs like a scalded dog back toward whence it came.

 

(All PCs)

 

Does anybody want to pursue the rat before he gets completely away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can (my archer npc, forgot her name already ha ha) take a shot or two at it before it's out of range.

 

Brag doesn't pursue, not wanting to run off blindly & wounded into the dark after a dirty rodent.

 

"Can I get one of them heals?" he asks Solace. "That bite was nasty!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace eases up her grip on her mace and pulls out her bandages and salve.

 

She looks over Brag's wound. "Here now, hold still, that's a nasty bite. If you're lucky you won't get the Foaming Madness from it." She cleans the spot and applies a salve and a bandage.

 

to bind wounds: 1d6 = 6 (yay!)+1 = 7 points recovered

 

"Anyone else?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bit crowded in the hallway for either Chu or Shayla to safely target the fleeing rat.

 

Meanwhile, from the back comes the sound of Paraphin's voice. He is grumbling something about having accidentally wasted a wishing rune. "I forgot I had it... but it is too cramped down here...but what's done is done."

 

Suddenly, you all feel yourselves getting smaller. Or maybe the corridor is getting larger. At this point you can only guess which. Nevertheless, you now have more room.

 

Of course, by the time you all recall the fleeing rat, it has had time to sufficiently make itself scarce.

 

(OOC)

 

Yeah..that's how we make a dungeon larger. Everything's the same..only ground-scale is twice as big. Doors, treasures and such are still the same relative to your size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...