Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde RPG

Recommended Posts

Solace looks at Taryn's wound, and applies her salve and a bandage.

bind wounds: 1d6= 3, +1 = 4 points restored

 

"That should help. Be sure to keep it out of anything wet or dirty for a few days."

 

"Those rats were a bit vicious. I hope we encounter no more of them. If we do, 'twould be best if the magician was rested. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bit crowded in the hallway for either Chu or Shayla to safely target the fleeing rat.Meanwhile, from the back comes the sound of Paraphin's voice. He is grumbling something about having accidentally wasted a wishing rune. "I forgot I had it... but it is too cramped down here...but what's done is done."Suddenly, you all feel yourselves getting smaller. Or maybe the corridor is getting larger. At this point you can only guess which. Nevertheless, you now have more room. Of course, by the time you all recall the fleeing rat, it has had time to sufficiently make itself scarce.(OOC)Yeah..that's how we make a dungeon larger. Everything's the same..only ground-scale is twice as big. Doors, treasures and such are still the same relative to your size.

 

 

(OOC) Brag suddenly remembers he DID drink the mystery drink at the table (OOC)

 

Shayla pulls back on her bow, but then figures it would too risky to take a shot at the rodent & lets it flee down the hallway.

 

"Aye, thanks! I feel almost like I did when I woke up this morning." Brag say has wraps his hand around the wound & rubs down the bandage (1 hp of damage now)

 

"Aye, let the spellcasters rest, if the battles are like this one, well need all the magic we can muster!" Brag says as he looks for a spot to put down his pack. "I'll start the watch."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While Brag sets up his watch Solace moves to the back of the line and finds a place to rest and study The 47 Prayers of the Righteous. If anyone cares to join her, she will be happy to read quietly from the chapters "Admonishing the Wicked" and "The Piety of Wealth."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chu Toi listens to Solace while she reads about her religion. He's interested in comparative religions. He once wrote a tract of his own on the effects of cheese themed religions on modern society.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two gnolls approach the wizard Paraphin. Raaruu speaks a few words in his own language, and Paraphin gives he and the other each one gold coin. The two then start off down the northward corridor.

 

Before disappearing out of view, the smaller gnoll turns to the wizard (and the rest of you too) and speaks in the common language. "See you 'morrow morning..boss."

 

______

 

(Metaknowledge for all characters. The night will pass uneventfully. Roleplay amongst yourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace pauses in her reading to sip from her waterskin. She looks at Chu Toi, noting his strange clothing and unusual appearance. "What brings you so far from home, young Master Chu?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kane finds the cleanest patch of floor he can to settle down on, and begins furiously scrubbing away at the dozens of new stains on his clothes.

 

I hate dungeons, I hate dungeons, I hate dungeons, I hate dungeons he mutters under hsi breath all the while rhythmically working on salvaging his clothes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the others go about doing what they need to do, Brag reaches into his pack, & pulls out his old trusty pipe. He then proceeds to reach into a small pouch & produces some pipeweed. As he stuff the pipeweed into the opening of the pipe, he starts to hum a tune, almost a whistle, then he remembered the time that 7 members of anther clan were whistling while they worked & were ambushed by a rather nasty cave hag.

 

Brag lights the pipe & smokes in silence, watching the passageways for any signs of trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taryn snickers at Kane, commenting to Ivan, "For one so concerned with the state of his clothes, he seems to lack the wit to keep them clean. No sense going into a dungeon if you're not dressed for it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chu looks at Solace for a few moments. "You've been kind. I suppose there's no harm in sharing my story."

He fidgets for a moment then begins speaking.

 

"I am the first born son of a great man in my home land."

Chu waves his hand in an expansive arc while saying "The quality of the food produced by my family is known far and wide."

 

"As first born I was naturally being groomed to take over the family business. Then jealous rivals dealt me an insidious blow!

One day the servants came to me with a note. It told me my father wished me to tour all of the family production facilities.

A driver and carriage awaited me. I packed and set out on my journey. After many days of travel the driver

abandoned me on the road with only the clothes on my back."

 

"I have been searching high and low these long months looking for my lost homeland. Once I find the whey, I will return

to reclaim my position as the highest of the cheese lords! I shall once again be the honored of the Slo Chu clan of cheese makers!

The milk of my rivals shall curdle in fear of my wrath!"

 

Chu stops and his emotions subside, the fire fades from his eyes, and he looks a bit glum remembering lost glories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning, being an arbitrary event in a subterranean environment, arrives when the first person awakens and feels sufficiently well-rested. Everybody who was wounded feels somewhat recovered (1 hp regained). Kane's clothes and gear are amazingly clean. Brag smells kind of like burnt tea. Some of the hirelings soon begin asking for the day's pay in advance, seeming unaware that there is not anywhere to spend the gold until the adventure is through. Both magic-users feel their abilities restored for another day and are ready to face the coming..um..dangers?

 

Whoever was the first to wake (first-come-first-serve) sees a gnoll furtively moving up the newly-renovated corridor. In one hand he has a spear, and in the other a lunch pail.

 

What do you all want to do next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taryn will need to claim some gp from the undivided treasure in order to pay his hirelings--he suggest splitting up the coins and such that we've found so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace packs away her prayer book and the remains of her meager breakfast. She eyes the gnoll and decides that his lunch pail is not dangerous. Then she considers Taryn's request to split the treasure. "I have sufficient coin to pay my men at arms another day's wages, but I shall not object if the others must take their shares forthwith."

 

"Come now, you men," she says to the hirelings lounging in the hallway. "Let me hear your morning prayers while the coin is counted out." Holding her small silver holy symbol she stands before them and prompts them through the 12 Prayers of the Virtuous Soldier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brag reaches into his coin pouch & produces the gold coin for Shaylyn & hands it to her. He rumages through his pack to find some rations, consisting of some dried jerky & also a apple

 

"What?"

 

Brag says if anyone sees the healthy food & wonders "How in the hell did that get in there........."

 

He also does some morning stretches & says a morning prayer to Balin, lord of battle & glory. Afterwards, he oils down his axe & wipes it clean.

 

Is the gnoll one of ours or is he a hostile?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Brag)

 

Judging by the way he is trotting toward Paraphin with a dopey gnoll grin on his face (probably wagging his dopey gnoll tail), you might assume he's happy to be there and just wants to play.

 

(OOC; yes, the gnoll's behaviour is based mostly on what my doggie is doing at any given moment)

 

(To all players)

 

For the sake of movin'-right-along (cue Muppet Movie music), the next person to suggest an actual route of exploration will get to decide which direction all of you are going. For starters, feel free to use this map for reference, but remember now the squares are 10' each. Just pick a hallway..and describe any precautions you want to take while exploring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...