Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde RPG

Recommended Posts

Taryn takes 4 gp from the loot pile and pays each of his hirelings, thanking them each for a job well done so far.

 

His hand feels a bit better, but is still bandaged, so he lights a torch to carry in that hand instead. Carrying his sword in his other hand, he advances to the first intersection and peers around the corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Taryn)

 

Looking round the corner at the first intersection (the eastward one), you see it is just another short hallway..nay, an alcove..ten feet wide and ten feet long, ending in yet another sturdy oaken door. It would seem that the dungeon's designer had a fondness for bottlenecks..or at least a fondness for the bottle.

 

How do you want to proceed with the door?

 

(Everybody else)

 

Y'all got Taryn's back..right?

 

Paraphin moves himself up closer to the front of the dungeon-parade now that he has a bodyguard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taryn will wait a moment for some backup; he calls Ivan up and hands off his torch to him, then has him stand back a few feet; close enough to provide light, but hopefully far enough away to stay out of harm's way. He'll then listen at the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Taryn)

 

You hear a noise..something that could be either hissing or perhaps the sound of slowly-shuffling feet upon a dusty floor (Sssswssssshh....sssssshhssshhhh)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taryn thinks for a moment, then pulls out and lights a second torch. Once everyone is in place, he'll open the door with his sword hand (and sword still in hand) and toss the lit torch into the room so that the party can see the interior properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace moves up to the area just north of the door Taryn is at, with Leo and Morath at her side bearing torches. She will watch the north hallway and west fork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Taryn)

 

The door opens easily. Inside you discover yet another variety of stench in this dungeon. it smells like death-warmed-over. An animated skeleton looks at you through empty eye-sockets from the back wall of the 30' square room. It clacks its jaws as if to say 'Don't blame me. it's him you smell.'

 

(Kane & Solace)

 

Y'all both get a noseful too. And then the source of the smell manifests itself from the shadowy nearer corner. The mess of rotting flesh that was once a human being shambles toward you, its stomach bloated from hunger.

 

(Everybody)

 

Could be a zombie..could be a ghoul. Whichever he is, he's coming toward you..slowly.

 

Neither creatures nor adventurers have the element of surprise.

 

___

 

Post your next actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh!" Solace squeaks in surprise. She raises a hand excitedly, her holy symbol clutched tightly, glinting softly in torchlight. "Pardon me, just a moment, excuse me," she says, pushing her way to the front of the crowd by the door, fighting the urge to gag with every breath.

 

Brandishing her holy symbol in front of the shambling creature "In the name of the Righteous and with the sanctity of, um, oh... the Circle of Purity I command all naughty and evil spirits to rid themselves of this place and my presence!" she blurts out in a rush, gasping and again trying not to gag.

 

 

turn undead 1d20 = 18 (yay)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chu moves up beside Solace and readies his blade, in case it's something that can't or won't turn away. If it doesn't turn or explode he attacks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smelling the aroma wafting out from the room Kane surreptitiously slips backwards placing someone else between himself and potential harm and definite stains on his clothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The umistakable aroma of death warmed over fills Brag's nose & he wants to retch but overcomes the feeling to see the undead in the next room. Seeing that Solace prepares to turn the undead, he readies his axe & shield to fight off the unnatural menace!

 

Brags moves up near the cleric & will attack whatever one doesn't turn, if none then he attacks the skeleton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even as Chu, Taryn and Brag are readying weapons..and even as Kane is fearlessly placing himself between those at the front of the party and any potential attacks that might come from the middle of the party..Solace pushes her way forward, her holy symbol brandished.

 

Both creatures recoil from the righteous goodlyness and pure squeaky-cleanliness that emanates from the cleric. The more skeletal of the two, already with his back to the rearmost wall of the room, edges himself toward the northeastern corner in search of a more suitable place in which to cower. The stinkier of the two undead creatures begins back-stepping toward the southeastern corner.

 

(Brag)

 

It does not escape your notice that while the shambling corpse is moving backwards, his feet appear to be trying to propel him forwards. Nor does it escape your notice that the horrible abomination is wearing one glove.

 

You rush toward the skeleton, but in spite of overwhealming odds in your favour, you miss completly. Worse yet, your axe flies from your bumbling (and critically fumbling) hands. The good news is that the skeleton is too scared to take advantage of your disarmed condition. The bad news is that you will have to spend the next round retrieving your weapon.

 

(Taryn & Chu)

 

It would seem that Solace's ability to turn undead is strong. Still you both keep by her side to protect her.

 

(Kane)

 

You are now far enough back in the line to be protecting Krrflmp, who appears to appreciate a fleeting moment of being in the company of a fellow follower of fashion. His robes are quite green, quite bright, and likely quite expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...