Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde RPG

Recommended Posts

Taryn moves in on the fleshier one, hoping to slice up the decaying body, but the one-handed swing has little force behind it. [attack d20+1=18; damage d8+1=2]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the creatures shrink from her, Solace moves 5ft into the room and out of the doorway so that others can get around her. She begins a quiet litany of prayer, continuing hold her holy symbol in front of herself. "Blessed are the righteous, for their kingdom is strong. Blessed are the pure, for they shall reign. Blessed are those who seek justice, for they shall be satisfied..."

 

Leo and Morath continue to stand watch in the corridor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If no one is engaged in melee with the fleshier undead, Shaylyn will fire 2 arrows at it, if people are in melee she holds her arrows, she will fire if more appear thou.

 

Seeing that no one is under 10, the gloved undead poses no threat to the party!

 

Brag curses the dwarven god, Bfumbler for losing his axe in axe, "What would my grandfather say if he had seen that!!" he does take the time to retrieve his axe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Brag)

 

You easily retrieve your axe, what with the room being pretty much empty except for your friends, the udead folks, and Taryn's burning torch in the middle of the floor, and lots of shadows.

 

(Chu)

 

You shoot a single arrow at the fleshier undead, but miss.

 

Shaylyn follows your example and looses two in the same direction. The first misses, but the second hits it square in the chest. The creature lets out a high-pitched scream and flails its arms about like a wounded chicken.

 

(Solace)

 

In spite of the creature's cheesy spectacle, you continue to concentrate on turning it and its friend away.

 

(Taryn)

 

You give the archers a chance to damage the creature before charging in yourself. Your sword strikes, but does only a little damage. Still the creature is unable to retaliate. It knows its unlife is about to end.

 

(Kane)

 

Leo and Morath both turn to face you and the others and almost simultaneously shout, "Skeletons!" At about that moment several arrows come flying from the westward corridor and strike the wall, doing no harm to anybody.

 

(All players)

 

Since the other bad-guys are pretty much held off by Solace's spell, we'll roll a new Init for the new threat. Whoever posts next, roll 1d6 for initiative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taryn will scoop up the burning torch and use it to swing at the skeleton, hoping the impact will break a few bones, also trying to leave a clear shot for the archers.

 

[not sure what I'll have for bonuses/penalties to hit and damage...going to guess d6 for damage; attack d20=12 ; damage d6=4]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Taryn)

 

You wind back with the flaming torch and whack the skeleton upside its head as it continues to cower from Solace's divine magic. You certainly deal it some damage, but it seems to you that this particular skeleton is tougher than your average skeleton.

 

(Chu)

 

You loose two arrows at the creature with one glove, this time hitting him twice. It staggers around a bit wrestling with the arrow and trying to further distance itself from the cleric. In doing so, it catches its few remaining strands of hair on fire. (Yeah, you landed a crit). In a final fit of bad choreography, the creature falls dead to the floor.

 

(Everyone else)

 

The skeletons in the hall have initiative.

 

Anybody stealing a glance around the corner will have counted at least seven. Two are armed with bows, the rest with swords and shields. As yet they have been unexposed to the radiance of Solace's turning spell.

 

The two equipped with shortbows move into the northward corridor and allow others to move up and attack. One rushes at Leo with his shortsword and delivers a nasty cut across Leo's left forearm. Another's shortsword swings wildly and slices into Morath's right hip. Neither man will be able to sustain much more of this onslaught

 

All players post your next actions.

 

Here's a map to help you out. Any of the other hirelings are just out of the pic to the south and can be moved up so they'll be able to fight not this round but next.

Disregard the closed door leading to the east room. It's still opened in-game.

 

post-909-12718974268365.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ivan will move forward to help hold the line against the skeletal horde.

 

Taryn continues doing his best to shatter the skeleton before him, flailing away with his torch. [d20=13 ; d6=5]

 

He yells to Brag "I can handle this one, they need you in the corridor!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing one undead creature destroyed and the other cornered by Brag and Taryn, Solace will move into the hallway to aid her hirelings. Standing between them she brandishes her holy symbol and begins her litany again "In the name of the Righteous and with the sanctity of the Circle of Purity...."

 

turn undead= 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(ate my post!!)

 

"Aye!" Brag shouts to Taryn & he rushes toward the horde of undead in the corridor. He tries to strike the closest one he can get too

Battle Axe d20+1 = 15 Dmg d8+1 = 5

 

"Back to the Underworld!!" he shouts as he attacks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chu moves up to protect the cleric. If there's a shot an an approaching undead he will take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leo and Morath both retreat from the fight, knowing they are both in serious trouble.

 

Meanwhile, Ivan and perhaps a few other hirelings (It's up to The Players) rush to the front, if not to avenge their comrades, at least to get in some on-the-job experience for their resumés.

 

(Solace)

 

Sensing that there will be no more trouble out of the bony creature in the corner, you head for the corridor to banish more eeeevil. It seems you are quite good at it, and the mob of skeletons react accordingly, pushing, shoving, elbowing and nearly tripping over one another like a pack of schoolgirls fleeing the room after foolishly overturning the chamberpot. (It's a full-blown skeedaddle. They won't be skulking back anytime soon...but believe me, they're not leaving til the party's over)

 

(Chu)

 

You get your shots off as the fleeing commences. With such a target-rich environment, you easily land two hits, one on each of the two who wounded Leo and Morath. Both cease their scampering and collapse to the floor.

 

(Brag)

 

You round the corner ready to make bone-meal, but arrive in time to witness their retreat. Don't worry. There's still plenty of trouble for a dwarf to get into in Lrod Arbitrary's maze of madness...MWAH-HAH-HAAAAAH!

 

(Taryn)

 

Well...it's just you and the skeleton in the corner. You dispatch it quite easily, though nobody was in the room to see you do so. Feel free to embellish your feat of bravery however you wish to your friends later on.

 

(Kane)

 

Idle hands are the Orc Goddess' workshop. You somehow overcome the desire to pick Krrflmp's pockets. You're in no mood to pursue the skeletons..especially since your keen eye for the covert has spotted what may or may not be either a hidden door mechanism or perhaps a trap trigger. A small section of the stonework on the western wall of the corridor you're in (just to the left of Tim's marker on the map I posted the other day) seems to be just a little more deeply recessed into the otherwise pretty good (for humans, that is) stonework.

 

(All PCs)

 

Lots of things to do...looting, healing..chasing skeletons...lookin' for stuff..and soforth. If you want to go after the skeletons, we'll stay in combat rounds..otherwise we're back to 10-minute turns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taryn emerges from the side room "Ha! That skeleton didn't stand a chance...one solid blow from my pommel and it's skull caved in!"

 

"I suggest we stop and regroup; we'll surely run into the skeletons later, but it's better than running off into the dark down here."

 

Having said that, Taryn returns to the side room to take a look for any treasure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Aye, I agree, no sense in spliting the party up & wandering around down here, just too many nasties runnin about.

 

Brag moves with Taryn to look, he also keeps a eye out for anything dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...