Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde RPG

Recommended Posts

Nope..nothing out of the ordinary catches your eye as you turn round and scan full circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To All PCs

 

Are any of the rest of you searching/looking/watching anywhere in particular?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impatient, Taryn decides to open the door in front of him. He gives it one gentle try first, trying to be relatively quiet, but if that fails, he'll switch straight to kicking it open. Also, Ivan passes the torch off to Georg so that he's ready for backup if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace

Nothing interesting seems to be happening right where you are...at least for now.

 

Taryn

The door opens easily enough, but even before it swings far enough open to have a look inside, you sense something falling from the ceiling behind you.

 

Brag

Your good look around failed to catch what was going on right over your head. A single giant spider springs down from the smoke-blackened stone ceiling above, barely missing landing square on Taryn's head.

 

(A giant spider in this instance has a body about the size of a large housecat and legs about 3' long)

 

Roll initiative either one of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[initiative=12]

 

Taryn turns, then shouts with surprise, nearly falling over in his attempt to get further away from the spider. He shortly recovers himself somewhat and starts trying to impale said spider with his sword [attack d20=8+1=9; damage 1d8=4+2=6].

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players won initiatiave

 

 

Taryn

You got in a first swing alright...and you hit! It jitters and squirms and flails its legs, but stubbornly remains alive...even if only to contend with the dwarf.

 

The commotion can likely be heard down at the fancy doors where the other players are gathered if anyone else wants to come to the rescue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Phew, that was lucky...was worried with those rolls]

 

If the spider remains standing after Brag's attack, Ivan will either attack or move away from the action [will leave his specific actions, as well as rolling, up to you Spike].

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"WOAH!!!" Brag is taken back by the 8 legged creature, but his battle instincts kick in & he's ready to help Taryn out by swinging his readied axe at the creature!

 

 

Attack:

 

1d20+1 9+1 = 10

 

Dmg:

1d8+1 1+1 = 2

 

Apparently he was a bit more surprised then he thought :rock: :rock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brag

 

You swing, but just miss the giant spider. Ivan steps up to help you out. He swings with his axe and nicely dissects the spider.

 

Just when it would seem to be all over, all of those in the west hallway see more spiders moving up from the northern reaches of the hallway. You all count four, all similar in size to the two half-a-spiders now oozing icky black venom onto the dungeon floor at Taryn's feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oy, we could use some help over here!"

 

Taryn grabs the torch from Georg and tosses it towards the advancing spiders, hoping the flames will discourage them from advancing, then readies himself for more spider-stabbing, placing himself in front of his hirelings. He also gives a cursory glance to the door he was about to open, in case anything inside has noticed the commotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing the call for help Kaanite looks to his hirelings and bobs his head in that general direction.

 

Looks like we've stirred up the... spiders nest this time gents, let's make ourselves useful eh?

 

Kaanite sets off towards the combat at a careful pace keeping an eye out for any other surprises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The spiders do seem to not like fire, but being that the corridor is 10' wide they still have room to move past your single torch.

 

The room, at least from your present point of view, seems empty of living creatures. There are some piles of stuff in the corners, but they are indistinguishable apart from their apparent lack of motion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace abandons her spot by the closed door and moves down the hallway behind the others, mace at the ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The spiders boldly edge forward, only slightly thwarted by the flames of Taryn's torch. Kane comes charging down the corridor and Solace follows after him. Most of the other hirelings remain behind out of fear. The young lady archer Shayla waits with Leo and Morath in the event that something comes through those double doors

 

post-909-12790753855323.gif

 

In this map, the green (I#) dots are for Spiders ('I" is for Insect since 'S' is for Skeletons already) The grey one is the one that's been killed and is oozing icky venom.

 

PS Oops I forgot to map the litle room. Oh well..it'll still be there when you're all done squishing spiders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...