Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde RPG

Recommended Posts

Brag

 

You kick the door with all your might. The door swings inward, slamming against one of the walls in the corridor beyond. It would seem it was not secured from the other side at all.

 

You're have a good eye for stonework, and right away notice that the material from which the floor in the hallway is made appears different further down the hallway at the extremity of your dwarfly vision.

 

(Edited with more correct map for Brag's darkvision)

 

 

 

How do you wish to proceed?

post-909-12808911712707_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering where the skeletons might have fled to, Taryn listens at the western door; he also asks Ivan to move up and keep an eye on the newly opened passageway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will let Ivan watch the hallway & will back up Taryn at the other door with axe in hand if needed.

 

RM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace rounds up the straggling henchmen, sending Vance to the side of his prone employer, and bringing Leo and Morath to stand with George and Hugh guarding the rear. Then she takes up a position near one of the dead spiders (#14) and waits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the other henchmen, epically Vance, coming over to Kane, Shayla moves to back her employer up again. She will move into the square right above spider corpse #15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the norther door where the new passageway has been discovered, nothing changes.

 

@ Chu

 

It seems quiet down the new hallway for the moment. That being the case, Taryn calls Ivan to your side to help you keep watch and goes to have a listen at the west door.

 

@ Taryn

 

The dungeon seems to almost cooperate with your need for silence as you listen. You press an ear to the door and hear the sound of movement, but it is not a scurrying nor stepping sort of movement. It is much more like the sound of whirring; the sort of sound you get when you spin a coin on its edge upon a stone tabletop. As you listen you get the impression the source of the sound is moving closer then further then closer. Brag soon joins you to provide any help you may need dealing with whatever is on the other side of that door.

 

@ Brag

 

Yep...this is yet another heavy wooden door in a bloody unimaginatively decorated subterranean labyrinth. It is a good thing you are used to such places, what with you being a dwarf. :lol:

 

@ Kane

 

You know how it feels when you've been sitting for a long time and your foot goes asleep? Well, you kind of feel like that. Could be worse. You could be having needles-and-pins right about now. On the bright side, you have gained temporary spidey-sense. (Oh I hope that's not a trademark violation). You hear the whirring sound from the west door too....as well as a sort of pounding noise that seems to be coming from somewhere below. The colors and contrasts around you are also kind of groovy..and you taste tangerines, but that's one of the perks to being spider-bit in a bloody unimaginative subterranean labyrinth such as this.

 

@ Solace

 

You take the initiative to go round up the straggling hirelings. Some are more easily rousted from their lethargy than others, and you soon discover that quite a few have gone missing altogether. Leo and Morath had both been fairly close by; both keeping an eye on those double-doors you all had recently investigated. Krrflmp was sort of loitering around in the hallway south of the double doors gazing at one of the walls as if it was the most exciting piece of unimaginative architecture he had seen in years. You finally find Vance and a fellow who answers to the unlikely name of Twenty-two both standing around in the rat-room from whence the stairs lead up to Lord Arbitrary's town-house. Twenty-two hands you a pile of hand-written notes from various henchpersons. Some speak of needing to spend more time with girlfriends or spouses. Others speak of other part-time jobs becoming full time, and still others speak of something called "the real world". All include some form of apology or other. One is even signed by a physician.

 

On the bright side, there will be much less XP and gold to share up from here on out. On the dark side, y'all will have to work just a little harder from here on out. You and your few brave stragglers quickly rejoin the others.

 

@ All players

 

Are you guys ready to kick down some doors and look for some trouble? :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I agree" adds Brag

 

Looking at the structure of the dungeon & think what may behind the door be roughly the same size as the room below he is in favor of opening that door.

 

"Just to clear it out, never know."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Aye, I agree, we still don't know where those skeletons ran off to." Taryn positions himself to help kick down the door should it be necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ all PCs

 

The whirring noise continues...and still seems to be moving further then closer.

 

@ Kane

 

Yep...them's drums you hear.....in the deep? Could it be? Nah! Not in MY dungeon....or then again...hmmm.:devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chu backs up to the door to the unexplored room behind us and listens to see if the sound is louder here than at the other door

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brag backs up Chu, but keeps a eye (& ear) out for whatever may come up one of the open passages we've discovered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ Chu & Brag

 

Is it the little door not-so-far from the newly-discovered hallway you are at now, or did you both go back to the double-doors in the long hallway where you all fought the skeletons?

 

@ Everybody

 

Even as you all are waiting, you hear a sound echoing from the hallway in which you all fought the skeletons. It's a sort of kerCHUNK like you hear when you are trying to open a door silently and it's five o'clock in the morning and you are sneaking back into the house late because you've been out somewhere you oughtn't doing something you oughtn't and wow noises sure do carry a long way down here, don't they.

 

@ The monsters

 

Guys? Where ARE you? Did the union go on strike?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace clears her throat, "I strongly suggest we choose a direction and explore a safer place to stand and dawdle. I suspect we are soon to have company and there are rather too many doors in this area."

 

She glances back to see what Leo or Morath is doing, down the corridor towards the loud noise we just heard.

 

"You, dwarf, is that north corridor safe to traverse?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...