Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde RPG

Recommended Posts

Chu listens at the small door (trying to make sure we don't have something attack us from behind if we move forward).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Eh?" Brag says & looks at Solace for a sec.

 

He then proceeds a little bit down the upper hallway to take a peek with his darkvision, all the while, gripping his axe ever so tightly.

 

If there is nothing out of the ordinary, he will return to the small door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If no other decision is made, Taryn will attempt to open the side corridor door just a crack and peer through; if it won't budge, he goes ahead and kicks it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace

 

Leo and Morath, along with Hugh, George, 22 and Krrflmp are all sort of congregated at the lower end of the hallway you are in (just below the dead spiders) and are all in a high state of alert due to the noise coming from the double doors. All of them have weapons drawn...except Krrflmp, who is holding a very small defoliated tree branch in his hands and looking at it with uncertainty.

 

Chu

 

You hear the same sounds the others have heard. Whatever it is seems to not be threatened by (nor plotting an ambush for) the party.

 

Brag

 

You move down the hallway a bit, though your armour and burden coupled with your caution limit your range somewhat. You wisely test the integrity of the 'different' floor tiles when you reach that point in the hallway. Maybe you tap one of the first tiles with your axe head or poke at it with your foot..but nothing happens. It feels solid. Nothing happens even though you move another ten feet across the strange tiles. You start back toward the doorway, and round the corner just in time to see Taryn opening the door.

 

Taryn

 

You open the door with scarcely a push, revealing a room much like the tuffet-room you all discovered earlier, only this one is slightly larger and absolutely spotless. The source of the whirring makes itself known right away. It is a gelatinous cylinder about three feet in diameter and about one foot tall. It is spinning on its flat side (not on its edge like a coin), and you can see it is spinning quite fast because within its transparent form there are dozens of small to moderate sized objects suspended. As it spins it is skidding in a seemingly random path hither and thither from wall to wall.....and that little bugger is reeally quick!

 

@ Everyone

 

We're in combat rounds now.

 

The "dungeonmaster's little helper" zooms right through the newly-opened door and cuts a straight course for the corridor wall opposite the room from whence it came (where Chu had been standing in my most recent game map).

 

@ Chu and Taryn

 

Since you were both right at the door, roll a Dex check to see if you dodge it as it passes. Roll a d20 to beat your Save score. Add 1 if either of your characters gets a Dex bonus. If you fail, the Gelatinous Zoomba™ tries to clean you up, dealing two points of corrosive acid damage (as opposed to the other sort of acid).

 

@ Ivan and Shayla's employers

 

Since both hirelings are also in Zoomba's path, feel free to make Save throws for them too when you post.

 

@ Everyone

 

I'll get a map together tomorrow night after work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chu rolls a 14, his dex is 11 so I don't believe he gets a bonus.

He will do the dance of the seven cheeses while backing away from the strange creature.

Everyone he knows has told him how repellent the dance is so he's hoping the strange creature will be driven away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace watches in horror as the thing bounces around and Chu tries to dance out of its way. She readies her mace, if it should 'zoom' into reach she is prepared to mash it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ Chu and Taryn

 

You both leap aside, barely dodging the thing as it zooms past.

 

Ivan is not so lucky. He leaps, but a moment too late. He yells out in pain and those near him notice that the cuff of his left trouser leg is dissolving, revealing a patch of blistered skin beneath.

 

@ Solace

 

You wait with readied mace in case you are next in its path. You note that it does not vary its course to make an attack like a rat or skeleton might, and that it moves fast, but not as fast as you can at a full run.

 

 

 

/OOC/ Giving Haldir another day to roll Shayla's Save/dodge //

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shayla tries to dodge out of the way of the creature, "Wha, thahh......"

 

(not sure of any mods to her rolls)

 

Save:

 

1d20+0

12+0 = 12

 

Dodge:

 

1d20+0

4+0 = 4

 

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! She jumps into the creature!!!! :poke: :poke:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor Shayla sort of tries to dodge, but stumbles right into the thing as it whizzes through the confused adventurers. It ricochets against the corridor wall near the door which opens into the northward corridor, and then zings into that northward corridor, bouncing from wall to wall like a billiard ball.

 

post-909-12820956971335.jpg

 

It becomes obvious to all of you that it is not particularly sentient, and simply targets whatever is in its path. It also seems to have no appetite for stone, and leaves no marks upon the walls it touches nor does it leave a trail on the floor it moves over.

 

Now that the initial surprise has passed, anybody that is more than 15 feet (3 squares) gets a +4 to Save when dodging it. If you get a DEX bonus, make that a +5.

 

@ All PCs

 

Roll a d20 and add an INT modifier if you have one.

 

If your total is 10 or higher, read the spoiler below

 

The zoomba seems to only harm organic material such as people or clothing

 

 

@ Brag & Taryn only

 

If your total is 15 or higher on the roll above, read the spoiler below

 

The dungeon doors all have iron reinforcing straps near the top and bottom, which is why the zoomba was unable to dissolve the door and escape the room it was in sooner.

 

 

NEW ROUND!

 

Whatcha gonna do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Int roll: d20+0=20

 

Realizing why the creature had been trapped in that room, Taryn slams the door to the northern corridor shut, trapping it inside.

 

He then checks on Ivan--"Are you okay? Maybe you should move to the back of the group with Georg and Hugh, there's no need for you to risk your life here."

 

He'll then investigate the room the zoomba came from, though he's not expecting to find much...he primarily checks the walls, as they are out of reach of the zoomba's dissolving properties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoying the lingering flavor of tangerines, Kane looks up the hallway and sees what can only be explained by a hallucinogenic effect in the spider venom.

 

Whoooooah... that's trippy! Just don't let it touch my clothes dudes!

 

[OOC]

[ 1d20=10 ]

[/OOC]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the zoomba takes a turn up the northward corridor, a quick-thinking Taryn simply slams the door behind it, trapping it on the other side.

 

Now that that's over with, he and Chu can get a chance to investigate the room from whence it came.

 

Meanwhile, Ivan and Shayla have wounds that need attention.

 

@ Chu and Taryn

 

A basic search reveals only an emmaculate room. There is nothing but floors, walls, a ceiling and the door you entered through. Do you want to make a more thorough search? (How many minutes, or along what part of the room?)

 

@ All PCs in the hallway still.

 

Twenty-two comes running back from his watch post down at the lower eastward bend in the hallway. He passes this news along in lowered voice.

 

"Someboty or something is still in the room with the fancy double doors. I heard 'em sneeze."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...