Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde RPG

Solace would have liked to take a quick look through the sack to see if there were any more potions in it. Perhaps, she thinks, at the next door while everyone else is deciding whether to kick it in or break it down she will rummage through it for a few minutes.

I will scootch my way through to the middle, excusing myself as I go, and bringing the gnolls with me.

"If no one objects, perhaps we could have my two estimable colleagues the gnolls open the door for us, since they are quite strong and skilled at such things."

That was one mean kitty! Kane states as he looks at the claw marks. He places his face on the floor and attempts to peek through the mouse hole, keeping his head a safe distance from the hole.

I stand back & let him look, but keep my axe & shield handy, just in case......

(Kane)

You lean down to take a look through the hole, which at closer inspection is nearly large enough for you to squeeze your hand through, yet your own instincts tell you this is probably not a good idea. Your sharp reflexes come in handy when a mundane grey rat runs out the hole. The smell of rat urine coming through the hole tells you there are likely more inside.

(Solace)

While the more combat-oriented members of the party evaluate the door to the next room, you ask the elf's hireling if you may check the bag of loot for curative potion. He obliges gladly, holding the bag while you rummage through it. There is not time to count the coins, but you do not find any potions or other magical items.

(Brag)

You might have been more compelled to squish the little rat underfoot if it had not been in such a hurry. It scurries down the northward corridor and disappears around a corner almost as quickly as it appeared.

(Paraphin)

You see Rowf point at the rat and say to Raaruu, "It runs from the big ones". Raaruu replies, "You run from the big ones."

(All PCs)

So...anybody care to see what's behind Door Number 2wo...or do y'all want to let the gnolls have the fun this time?

"Rats are disease-ridden, filthy critters, but I'm game!" Brag says to Kane.

Brag gets beside the door with his axe ready to slice anything bigger then a normal rat

The elf cuts the cheese. :lol:

Not to anybody's surprise, a giant rodent's head squeezes through the hole after the pungent bait.

(I won't even make anybody roll for this. That rat's day just got real bad)

Brag's axe comes down like an executioner's blade and beheads the rat. Blood squirts everywhere, as it usually does with rats.

Shayla, Brag's archer companion utters a distinct "Ewwww" and points at the headless body. It appears to be still moving. It twitches a bit, and then disappears back into the hole. Those right at the door can all hear the squeaking of more rats from within the room.

Do you all still want to try the door, or perhaps a second try with the bait? OR perhaps give this door a pass and see what's down the hall.

About 40 minutes of time have passed since you all entered the dungeon.

"Sounds like a lot of rats behind that door...perhaps we should investigate elsewhere first. I doubt they'll all fall for the cheese trick, especially now that they have their friend to snack on."

"Works for me." Brag say as he wipes the blood off his axe.

"It be a good day..." he says to his weapon (think Rambo with his knife :blink:).

"Anybody want a helmet?" He asks of the group, motioning toward the rat head.

Chu collects that bait and prepares to move on to the next area. He looks pensively at the hole in the door for a moment and says "Old dungeon. Explored artfully. The rats abide."

Solace looks distastefully at the beheaded rat and steps around the gore so as not to get any on her shoes. She follows behind the others. "What else does our little friend say is down here?" she asks out loud.