Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde RPG

Recommended Posts

"They mentioned spiders and the stair that isn't there - possibly a pit trap, I suppose.

 

Erm, before we leave the rat door, there's another possibility of casting a sleep spell into the room through that little hole. Even my admittedly paltry magics would have an effect on rather a large number of giant rats.

 

Although, if we are going to fight spiders, I would rather have the sleep spell as a contingency..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I have no objection to fighting the rats, if those who are better trained for it so desire. We are close enough to the entrance that it would be easy enough to retreat for a day should there be wounds that my skills cannot repair." Solace looks around. "We are number enough..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I don't mind fighting or waiting afterward. Do what you guys want"

 

Brag says as he grips his axe in anticipation of a fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chu Toi looks to see if the party is ready, then goes and opens the door to let the rats in. After it opens he will move back to where he can bring his bow into action

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The door swings open to reveal a most horrific scene. There are at least a dozen of the large vermin still alive, and several more of which only gnawed-upon skeletons remain.

 

The room itself is 15'X15' with no other apparent exits. The door you are looking through seems to be in the middle of the room's western wall. Unlike the previous room, this one has a long low stone bench-like structure built into the eastern wall. There are four round holes in the bench. It appears you have found the proverbial #[email protected]%house.

 

It would also appear you have found the dwelling place of the infamous giant #[email protected]%house rats..and as you might expect, they're not in the least bit sane.

 

The rats are caught off-guard, what with fresh meat having already been provided.

 

(All PCs)

 

The good guys (you guys) get a free action. Post here what you plan to do.

 

_____

 

(OOC)

 

Hope y'all had a good Valentines Day. I know I did! :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many rats are there total?

 

As the mage wanted to cast a spell, Brag hangs back til he fires that off & afterwards I strike whatever rat remains standing.

 

Attack: 1d20+1

18+1 = 19

 

Damage:1d8+1

2+1 = 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chu Toi watches to see which rats are unaffected by the spell and fires an arrow at the closest one. (rolled 11 on a D20 and 2 on a D6)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taryn also waits for the spell, and then moves in to strike a conscious rat (if his speed will allow; otherwise the will kill a sleeping rat within reach). [bastard sword d20=17; +1 = 18; damage d8=6; +2=8]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kane looks for an opening to gingerly traipse through the affected rats before finding one to stab in such a manner as to not mar his designer adventuring gear.

 

[OOC]

Attack roll: 10

Damage Roll (Dagger): 4

[/OOC]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace hangs back near the door, or near the mage, in the hallway if she can. If any rats come at her she will mash them with her mace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paraphin seems torn between using his magic now and saving it for later. At the last minute he makes his decision (tossed a coin) and decided to defend himself with his staff this time.

 

Meanwhile, the others launch their various assaults on the surprised rodents.

 

Wisely, the others let those who can shoot into the swarm take their shots first before rushing in. Shayla nimbly looses two arrows into the midst of the rat swarm, easily killing one and wounding a second.

 

Chu takes his shots, (don't forget that you have a rate-of-fire of 2). His first misses, but the second hits, killing its mark.

 

Brag, being right near the door, is able to swing at the nearest rat without even taking a step. The creature is cleaved in half before it can even finish eating Brag's previous victim.

 

Though they nearly stumble over each other, Taryn and Kane push through the doorway past the dwarf and commence the slaughtering where it would seem there is more "fighting room".

 

Taryn quickly dispatches the first rat he comes to.

 

Kane is not so lucky. The rat is quick on its four feet and dodges Kane's blow.

 

Only a small amount of blood from the rat slain by Taryn ends up on Kane's boot.

 

The rats are so caught off-guard by the bold intrusion that they run in circles after their own tails.

 

(OOC)

 

AND you guys have initiative...again! What's everybody going to do next. Post your actions here.

 

New drawing of rat-room..featuring splatted and wounded rats (link below)

 

http://www.imaginati...from_name=Spike

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taryn will attack another rat, sticking to the sides of the room to leave space for the archers to continue firing through the doorway. [attack d20+1=20; damage d8+2=3] He also calls to Ivan to join in the combat, figuring that overwhelming the rats will give them all the best chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...