Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

I have to ask

per the fluff:

The Khamsin people worship the god Sokar, who often reanimates his dead worshippers to serve him in Adon a second time. The Khamsin of ages past were very devout, and their faith permeated their whole culture. As a result of their belief that any person could potentially return to the land of the living, they decided that it was a bad idea to let anybody see your face as you killed them - they may then return and seek vengeance. So it became a custom to wear a mask whenever a person killed, whether it was during battle, or assassination, or whatever form of killing there may be. Over time the Khamsin people drifted from their faith, but the custom remained. At the time of Warlord, the Khamsin are mostly returned to the faith, so as they go to war against Sokar's enemies, they wear the customary masks into battle to protect their identity. The foot soldiers all have the signature mask, many of the mounted models wear cloth wrappings over much of their face.

Interesting note: The Dervishes have abandoned the practice of wearing the mask, as their role is more of an infiltrator/spy and wearing a mask would give them away.

They're wearing helmets.

Tariq

ok, I can see that... kinda... I always thought they looked like lost aliens from the x-files :)