Sign in to follow this  
rgtriplec

who makes a dead horse mini?

I need a dead horse, donkey, mule or ox. Thanks.

Try historical miniatures manufacturers. Most companies have lines of casualty figures that include horses. (Sorry, can't do the searches right now.)

I looked at a few Foundry, Old Glory, Heritage and a couple others but didn't see any dead animals.

Finding horse casualties was more complex than I expected, mostly as a result of historical miniatures mfr. websites being designed by the owners' 14 year-old children (by all the evidence).

I found lots of infantry casualties, quite a few ambiguous casualties (listings with no pictures, no descriptions, mislinked pictures, whatever), I even found a Frog casualty (Batrachian, not French) at Eureka, but horses turned out to be hard.

I finally found this: http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections...ACK/1/index.asp

In the lower right you'll see a set including a Cossack casualty and his dead horse. I suspect that you will need to sift through pictures category by category on antediluvian websites to find what you want. Alternatively, you could ask at TMP, where you're more likely to find somebody who has recently bought such a figure.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

All dead, or only mostly dead? ::): If you need a carcass and a little gore is okay, Mega Miniatures has a partially-eaten zebra. With a minor conversion on the mane and the right paintjob...? They also have vultures, too, both standing and feeding, if that helps.

I might be able to use that. It will be partially covered in snow.

Best dead horse I ever saw was one that Marike was gently trying to bend into position with padded pliers. Fitz asked her what she was doing, he took it from her, dropped it on the floor and stomped on it, one dead horse. Looked awesome, trust a sculpturer to take the brute force approach.

Edited by Heisler

Wow, those are pretty cool. Too dead or undead for my needs though. I wanted a pack animal that dies under his load. I took one of those plastic draft horses they sell at craft stores and museum gift shops and dipped him in boiling water, remolded in the sculptor fashion mentioned by Heisler and then put him in a ice bath. He should work and he'll be dusted in snow, so hopefully he'll be good.