Sign in to follow this  
Vaitalla

Start Your Engines...

I'm gonna vote for variety.

Although, if there is a some class that is always extra popular it might be nice to have an extra session of that one.

This is more of a general request than a class request but can we please, please have the instructors make handouts for their classes? I've taken classes where I'm so busy taking notes that I can't fully follow what's going on.

Personally I'd like to learn more ways to use the metallic paints effectively especially when painting armies. So, uh, maybe a Metallics for Army Painting class?

I would also like to request that the classes not go on line on April 14.

Any other day in the whole year is good.

Thank you for your consideration.

On handouts, Reaper cannot require instructors to provide them. The instructors who do give them out have given up their own time and effort, and paid for their own printing costs; we are very grateful to them for doing so in order to help the students! But I can't *require* that every instructor have a handout, when they do so much for us already. So many people just never have time to create them.

Flit, I'm trying to get stuff organized so that classes can go up well in advance of THAT date!!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. They're very valuable to us, and every year someone suggests something new. ::):

--Anne

i know of 3 others that for sure will join the army painting class. So that 4 confirmed and im sure others I havnt talked to yet will join

-Sin

AKA Aaron

Yea, how to properly use inks would rock. I would also be interested in any basic color theory. Like "Here are 4 reptus warriors, lets look at 4 different ways to paint them for your army."

I need a "How to get off your lazy bum and get painting" class.

Ahhh, the elusive "Motivational Painting" class!! :lol:

Well, but isn't going to ReaperCon itself a way to get excited about painting? :;):

That said, honestly, if I can come up with an idea on how to teach Motivational Painting I swear one of these years I'll do it...

--Anne ::D:

Re: using inks, every army-painting course I've ever seen deals with that topic in about five minutes. ::): And BK, if you honestly can't find someone to teach you, nab me on Sunday at ReaperCon and tell me I promised you an inking demo. I'll be glad to show you. ::):

--Anne, who hasn't used inks for... :blink: Okay, don't want to think about which birthday's comin' up. ::o:

Well, but isn't going to ReaperCon itself a way to get excited about painting? :;):

That said, honestly, if I can come up with an idea on how to teach Motivational Painting I swear one of these years I'll do it...

Anne, if you could get me to get back into painting minis, more then a couple days of the year, you'd be a genius! Hoping to have something painted by May.......hopefully

Anne, if you could get me to get back into painting minis, more then a couple days of the year, you'd be a genius! Hoping to have something painted by May.......hopefully

Best way I know of involves having other people to paint with. Set up one day a week, or a month or whatever works for you guys and get together somewhere and paint. That makes it a commitment and not just to yourself, but to your fellow painters. It also leads to good conversation while painting which will distract you from, well other distractions. :)

That's the thing, I know no one in my town that paints, let alone game. When I last had a regular D&D group (00-01) I was the group's painter & that was enough to keep me motivated to want to paint, heck even speed paint, just so a fighter mini had most of it's colors before a game session. I think that is one thing I love about RCON is being around the gaming environment. It helps motivate me to get out the paints & well, paint ha ha.

I do have some ideas roaming around in my head right now, so hopefully that'll be enough to make me sit down & paint + I have a well-overdue painting exchange mini that I want to complete as well. It's just me sitting down to do those things, these days.

RM