Sign in to follow this  
Rastl

My Christmas present to myself

I decided to do something for myself that was completely frivolous and silly. I could have gone practical. I could have gotten something that I needed. Instead I had this done:

bb71661d4c4c314c6fbe682acdb5301640ecf9a1.JPG

And the other side.

70c36299182f42a6410c35ae495467798474719c.JPG

Top down, front on.

f98160124d4b3c47656b794199e4abaa8a8319fa.JPG

A couple of notes. I already owned the mixer and had for a lot of years. Alton Brown (of the cooking show Good Eats) had painted some basic flames on his mixer at one point and started a craze. You can buy decals on Amazon to "flame your mixer" and there are tons of pictures on the internet of people who have done this.

I decided that I wanted it done right and went to the guy who does all the automotive detailing here in town. Oddly enough this wasn't the first mixer he had painted with flames but that had nothing to do with good ol' AB's influence. I went with classic hot rod flames - white first, then yellow shading to red with an olympic blue pinstripe. Yes, that striping is done by hand. The whole thing is finished with the same topcoat he puts on the vehicles he paints.

My mixer is made of AWESOME!

Sweet!

I need to get off my unambitious butt and one-up you by getting my red mixer fitted out with hydraulics and spinners.

I haven't made anything with it. It's just sitting on the counter, looking spiffy.

I think I have to make cookies today so that might be the first thing.

Otherwise you'll get to see it in person in a couple of weeks if you come over to my new place for a visit! I can show you boxes. And more boxes. Not to mention those boxes over there. And my cool mixer!

Cool mixer!

Christmas should be about getting fun stuff and not need stuff!

Marie, that is awesome! I've always wanted one of these mixers but considering it's as much as one months car payment for me . . .

I love the flames! That is great!

I dropped off the cookie bribe that got me moved up the schedule (due to MOVING far more quickly than hoped, not that I'm complaining mind you) and ended up teaching him how to paint gems. Weird.

I did use the mixer to make said cookies and they had an extra boost of AWESOME.

well painted flames usually do make things neater ::):

sweet mixer (odd I don't think I've ever said those 2 words together.....)

RM