Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Pathfinder Adventures

Recommended Posts

Vil

 

You sense nothing is wrong with Janiven, other then she is a bit uneasy that her business partner is not here right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I never mentioned anything about my father." Cyril eyes the woman suspiciously, no longer comfortable with the entire encounter. He begins to make note of the various means of escape from the room. "You keep watching the door with concern. What are you expecting?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oblivious to Janiven's unease, though not to the rising tension in the room, Vil attempts to move two of his knives to more accessible locations without being noticed [sleight of Hand. d20+7=17]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"My thanks for the meal Janiven." Cyril shifts in his seat, folds his napkin and places it on top of the table over his plate. "But unless you've got something more than dinner, I think I will find somewhere else to spend my evening rather than this broken down tavern."

 

Cyril rises from his chair.

 

"So you've learned a couple things about each of us. I was so hoping tonight would have proved more entertaining than a simple meal."

 

Cyril bows with a flourish.

 

"Lady, gentlemen, have a wonderful evening."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you get up from the table she stands & says

 

"Please, I didn't mean to offend you, Cyril. I was......." she pauses trying to figure out what to say & then continues, Vil you notice she doesn't appear to notice you move your knives, with the actions of Cyril, that has her full attention right now.

 

"........only trying to see if I choose the right people. Please sit down & I'll explain."

 

She moves away from the table & goes to the windows & shutters then, then over to the front door & pulls a latch, locking it, plus you see she grabs a wooden board & bars the door & then turns to the group & says

 

"We have all suffered, including myself, living under the current rule, whether we realize it or not.

 

I've lived in Westcrown my whole life, & although I dearly love this city, I must admit, as must you, that despite our peace & prosperity, we continue to suffer. Why should we live in fear? Why do have to fear the night due to the Shadowbeasts that roam the darkness & shadows that stretch beyond our doorsteps?"

 

"Yes, Westcrown has been safe from war & famine for nearly seventy years, & yes, our businesses has prospered, but this safety & prosperity has been bought by coinage of fear & prayers to the layers of Hell. Other lands, even our neighbors, live free from tyranny. Other cities in Cheliax don't fear the night, like we do. Other governments do not cede the streets to monsters of the infernal shadows! Why should Westcrown!"

 

"Westcrown was once such a place, she use to be the home of the Aroden! She wants to & should be such a place again! Westcrown is not only her buildings & canals & docks & history, she is also her people. Westcrown is our friends & neighbors, our mothers, fathers, siblings, cousins, our sons and daughters!"

 

"With but a small group of supporters & dedicated brothers & sisters, we can earn the trust & admiration of these people. A Westcrown free of these shadowy beasts that stalk our streets is one step closer to a Westcrown free of the devil, that is the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune!”

 

She let you take what she said in first before continuing

 

"My business partner, Arael was to join us, but I fear he has caught the attention of the law, or worse, Hell-knights & that is why he isn't here right now. He & I are leaders in a small band of rebels that have banded together to fight the evil & corruption that has soaked the government with it's dark taint."

 

She awaits your reactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vil sits perfectly still for a few moments, blinks once, and then speaking slowly, as if considering each word, "You want...us...to go up against...the Hellknights, the Dottari, shadow creatures, and the nobles? That seems to me a rather...extreme response...to the loss of one sword, ancestral or no." This is followed by a long pause, almost as if he was finished speaking, but he suddenly resumes, "Though this city means little to me, my path has led me here, and it seems no accident that you found me; I may have found what I was seeking. I will aid your cause."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I appreciate your enthusiasm, Vil, but going up against those forces would be pure suicide. What we do is more subtle. What our group does is work towards winning the admiration & support of the citizens by doing good works/deeds & providing what aid we can. What keeps us protected & virtually unnoticeable is that Westcrown is almost ignored by the ruling nobility of Cheliax. It's more or less a "in-home" exile for the old nobles."

 

"As long as we do good deeds & keep our faces among the people, then the morale will be boosted & the city will thrive & will unite towards a greater good. Also, with the way we work, the House of Thrune ignores us, chalking up to "petty squabbling" amongst the city. As long as we don't cross the boundary, we avoid their wrath." Janiven says to you & the group.

 

 

"So you want me to help little old ladies across the street or get some brat's cat out of tree.? I'm sorry but most people would rather just throw the dirt over my grave then accept my help." Cyril says with a sour tone to his words.

 

 

"No, no, of course not but if we help the people & show them that there is good still in this city, that there is a shining light at the end of a tunnel. It will work."

 

"I understand, where you are coming from Cyril, but you must trust my words that this will work. We've done some work in the city, nothing tremendous but I will say & as a eye-witness, that what we have done is working. I just need extra help. Help that you can provide." Janiven says to Cyril & eventually to the group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xaven ponders the situation for some time.

I must agree with Vil, this is a very extreme measure, however sometimes extreme measures must be taken to ensure a change. Only time and success or failure will enlighten us as to whether this endeavor is folly. I also suspect that just by being here, we are now guilty by association, and walking away from this enterprise is no longer a viable option, for any of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Xaven, yes, just talking about this is grounds for treason. If, the Dottari were to break that door down right now I would place the blame on myself & deem myself a heretic & enemy of the state. My love for this city & it's people is unmatched, only one person has my greater love." Janiven says, by the tone of her voice & her action, you can see that she believes in her ideals.

 

"Thou I doubt they would believe me on that. They would arrest all of us just for being here like this. Vizio's did have a reputation of a place of free speech after all." with that last part she gives a slight smile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I've a mind to wipe that smile clean off your face Janiven. You had no right to bring us here and force us into your little cabal, no matter how good your intentions. But it was well played. I will give you that. Just remember that you forced us to join, even if some of us may have been willing to aid you without coercion. And some of us may never forget that..."

 

Cyril slides back into his seat, glaring at the entire group.

 

Although Cyril's expression is a sneer, you're not entirely sure if the anger is directed at Janiven, or himself for becoming her cat's paw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the party takes in what Janiven has brought forth, there is suddenly violent pounding on the door & you can hear someone outside frantically to be let in!

 

"Jan! Jan, open up, open up!!!"

 

Quickly, the woman rushes to a window & peers out. The pounding on the door keeps up. She then unbars & unbolts the door & opens it to reveal a skinny, teen-aged man who you can see is clearly out of breath, he nearly falls into her arms as he goes to strike the door again.

 

 

"Morosino!" she calls out "Someone get something for him to drink!"

 

"I'll....be......fine.." the kid is clearly out of breath & gladly accepts whatever liquid is presented to him. After drinking he stands up, as Janiven secures the door, "They know, Jan!" he says as she finishes.

 

"How? Who?" Jan says to him.

 

"They captured Arael, Jan." he says as he finishes his drink.

 

"No, no, no no" Jan says as she turns & puts her hand to her face. "How?"

 

"The Dottari have him, but it gets worse, Jan, the Rack (Hellknights faction) want him now. They are vying for custody of him, but you must get out of here, they are on their way now! I was only a few blocks ahead of them!" Morosino says, just as hear the familiar sound of metal armor clanking up outside the tavern.

 

"Open up! In the name of the Rack, I demand you open this door now!!" comes a voice inside a metal helmet.

 

You see a face of horror upon the youth, as he throws up a prayer to Iomedae..

 

Janiven moves toward a window & peeks out, she then looks to the party. "We can't fight a armored regiment from the Rack. I suggest we flee!"

 

"Open up NOW!" the voice says again, this time louder & angrier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well I guess we're with you now, willing or not!"

 

Taking in the situation quickly, Vil asks, "Is there a back way out of here? We need to get distance between us and them."

 

While she answers, he grabs several tables and chairs and does what he can to block the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×