Post your workspace!

DarusGrey

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here's some pictures of my space, granted, it's from right before I started working... So it's very clean compared to what it looks like now:

My painting area. 2 Lights in front, one on the left (out of frame) since I'm right handed, and two overheads (also out of frame).

nook1.jpg

My conversion/basing area. This is where I keep my bits box, do all of my cutting and sanding (that one time that I got lead dust in my white paint pot was enough!) and where I do my basing. Basically it keeps all of my dusty/flocky mess in one spot.

nook3.jpg

A picture from the door. So you can see the 'whole shebang'. Please note, the PC is not there for work, or anything like that. It's my 3rd PC (very slow)... there to watch TV, to look at reference materal, and to browse the forums every once in a while.

desk2.gif

Enjoy!

Now I just need to come up with a decent 'Photo Area'...

Whoa.  Most ppl are too neat and clean for me.  Well, I'm one of those kitchen table painters.

Got pics but got no place to upload them to show you guys.  Anyone have a bit of space for my 3 pics?

You can get a Yahoo photo album for free.  As long as you don't go crazy with the size and resolution of your pics, you should be able to get a decent number of pics in there, I believe you get 30 MB.  Go to yahoo.com, click on photo, and then just sign up for a free photo account.

Whoa.  Most ppl are too neat and clean for me.  Well, I'm one of those kitchen table painters.

Got pics but got no place to upload them to show you guys.  Anyone have a bit of space for my 3 pics?

You can get a Yahoo photo album for free.  As long as you don't go crazy with the size and resolution of your pics, you should be able to get a decent number of pics in there, I believe you get 30 MB.  Go to yahoo.com, click on photo, and then just sign up for a free photo account.

Thanks.  I have all sorts of pics, but did not know where to store them.  I can now show some of my work.

Sweet!  Thanks Cade 13 for the tip.

And thanks Ghost Rider for the offer.  But now I got some place to put painted minis 'n stuff.

Lets see if this works.

Check out what used to be my kitchen table.

You might not make it out, but there's paint splashes on the wall from times I shook paint bottles and thought the cap was on. DOH!

:sleepy:

And yea, these pictures were taken months ago, back when I was working on Marcus Gideon.

:)

Sorry for the super saturated pics, I didn't want to mess around with my settings for mini photos.

My Kitchen Table

It's almost as bad as mine.

I say almost because I have to keep my area as clean as possible in case I need to do emergency pick up. Mine's portable (down to a collapsable craft table).

I don't even have shelves. All my minis are kept in a foam lined box.  :glare:

Oh how I wish for space of my own to paint !!

*still considering the removal of her beloved papsan chair from the bedroom so she can paint instead of sit and read comfortably*

Kamui K, you my friend need more space.  Was there any room to actually paint on that table?

Lol.

:D

Amazing huh?  Like I said earlier, I'm amazed how spacious and clean everyone else is!

Well, everything in my apartment is small (living in New York City isn't cheap) :down:

, including my table.

Ah, I've even mastered the technique of balancing my wet palette halfway off the table to use those extra precious inches.

And I've gotten used to painting on my knee.

(you know, I like to set my foot on my chair and rest my mini on my knee to get that up close view.  Anyone else do this?)

:oops:

And I'm one of the few who uses Reaper's free paint racks?

Ah, that sucker is too big for my table huh.  Well, at least I can fit my rotary tool and other stuff under there.  Gotta find ways to utilize space.  :)