Post your workspace!

DarusGrey

Wow.  There's a few custom colors there on Jen's table alright.

Hey, is that a Kyla, Bounty Huntress, 14025 or Confrontation's Mira

converted with a spear?

A lot of the colors are actually Reaper or Citadel in Vallejo-type bottles.

The mini is an upcoming release from Werner Klocke's personal line, Freebooter Miniatures.

And I used to think I had a lot of bitz...until I saw Anne's collection.   :laugh:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be hard to make one out of a wooden lazy susan, some larger wooden disks, and dowel rods, especially if you own a router (like me  :D ). You can even custom fit the notches for the paints you use.

I just use a couple of  lazy susans that I picked up at Wal-Mart. One is a double-decker and I think it will be really easy to add extra decks on if (when) I need them. :)

• Reaper User

Oh wow.  Someone has more bitz than that?  Has Anne posted her workspace yet?  Now I'm curious how many bitz can one person have.

;)

Heh.  Heh, heh.  Ummm, let's just say that I have a bookshelf, full Plano box with four trays, and six full bags, somewhere between two and four boxes...and that's just the GW.  Now, when I go into Reaper, I've got three full boxes (about fifteen pounds?), and that doesn't count the stuff I keep at work on or under my desk, and that doesn't count the box and a half full of Confrontation, or the brand new box of Warmachine, or the milk crate full of Wargods stuff, or the odd mini here and there...oh, did I mention all the resin kits from Forgeworld and various other manufacturers?...and when I say "box" or "bag" I'm talking about five pounds of pure metal bitz, not blisters.  Oh, and there's a shelf full of pending Golden Demon projects, too.  Let's just say that when I haul it all out to free-associate in my living room, my neighbors probably get high from pewter fumes.  And my roomies come out, shake their heads, and say, "Anne, you have too many goddamn minis."  :laugh:

--Anne

p.s. I'll try to get a pic of my Reaper workspace, and I also have a small kitchen table at home.

I wouldn't be hard to make one out of a wooden lazy susan, some larger wooden disks, and dowel rods, especially if you own a router (like me  :D ). You can even custom fit the notches for the paints you use.

Actually, I made me one using some foamboard, a carboard tube, some corrugated cardboard, a small bag of marbles and some hotglue. I made it three tiered, but I think I should have added more space. :down:

Actually, I made me one using some foamboard, a carboard tube, some corrugated cardboard, a small bag of marbles and some hotglue. I made it three tiered, but I think I should have added more space. :down:

Picture

I really like seeing these type posts.  Its neat to see how everyone attempts to reign in their excesses in paints and minis.  I have three of those paintier racks,  I saw them at BeAGamer at thought they were the cat's pajamas.  The taller ones (4 tier) can get a bit wobbly but are great for Vallejo and small paint containers.  I wouldnt load them up with the craft paints though, I am always afraid that they will tumble.  I have 3 ferrets that think these things are a merry go round or something so are always finding a way to get on the top rack.  Has anyone actually created a ring that would be wide enough to place an inner rack on each of the shelves?  I am in this consolidation mode at home at work and trying my best to eliminate as many racks as I can.

As for abundance of lead and plastics.  I finally got around to getting all my minis in one place in my shed.  I can honestly tell you that my stock exceeds the three gaming stores in my area combined.  I am really considering just dumping everything on Ebay as I know I will never come close to making a dent in it. :down: The trouble is I cannot fathom how I would list so much and keep track of it, but it has come time to break the figmentia and work with what I know I can complete.  Does anyone know of that site that people trade minis on?  That may be a good alternative.

I will try and get a pic of my workspace this week, as I am off to Colorado for the next two weeks.  I am going to try and get in some paint time as I lost motivation for a bit.  I did notice last month when I was up there that the change in altitude did some bad things to my Vallejos.  It was like I had brought some colored volcanos.  I could not stop the bottles from leaking with the caps off.  Found that mighty strange.  Anyways keep posting the pics of your work areas, this is a really fun topic to read. :D

I will try and get a pic of my workspace this week, as I am off to Colorado for the next two weeks.  I am going to try and get in some paint time as I lost motivation for a bit.  I did notice last month when I was up there that the change in altitude did some bad things to my Vallejos.  It was like I had brought some colored volcanos.  I could not stop the bottles from leaking with the caps off.  Found that mighty strange.  Anyways keep posting the pics of your work areas, this is a really fun topic to read. :D

The reason for your paints leaking like that is due to air pressure differences.  When you are at lower altitudes, the air pressure is more than at higher altitudes, therefore your paints are pressurized for lower altitudes.  When you go to the Mile high city, air pressure is significantly less, and so the paint in these bottles which is still at the air pressure of the lower altitude is going to be caused to expand inside that bottle now that the air pressure of the lower altitude is not pushing on the outside of the bottle.  A bit of an odd phenomena really.

The reason for your paints leaking like that is due to air pressure differences.  When you are at lower altitudes, the air pressure is more than at higher altitudes, therefore your paints are pressurized for lower altitudes.  When you go to the Mile high city, air pressure is significantly less, and so the paint in these bottles which is still at the air pressure of the lower altitude is going to be caused to expand inside that bottle now that the air pressure of the lower altitude is not pushing on the outside of the bottle.  A bit of an odd phenomena really.

Gotta love the painting boards, learn physics and everything....

Basically what you have is that the specific density of the homogenous solution that is contained in the polymer container resolves to a higher gravity at sea level, upon reaching a higher altitude the exterior force exerted on the container minimizes as atmospheric pressure becomes minimal... LOL.  You would almost think I knew what the heck I was talking about....dont make me go into potential energy now...lol.  Wow got way off topic sorry about that.  I will try and get a pic of my workspace tonight and post it here.  Thanks for the info Enchantra, hope you know I was not poking fun at you but running with the topic.