Post your workspace!

DarusGrey

Whoa Orchid.  That's one wad-full of brushes you got there.  And using foam to hold minis and brushes up too?

Cool idea.  I've seen racks and cups, but nothing like that.

Well, nothing like that with so many brushes.

:down:

*sigh*

I see you're down in Florida or something.  Nice sunny day, palm greens, pic of beautiful sailboat on wall, sunglasses...

Hi hate this cold front here in NY.  It's freak'n winter here already!

Oops.  rambling again...

I have two major addictions outside of the minis, one being pens (fountain pens rock! :p ), the other is closely related, BRUSHES, I can never have too many brushes, ever.

I'm in an undisclosed location :cool: about half way between Houston, Texas (I'll be hiding from the Super Bowl madness, BTW), and Galveston Island, Texas.  I get the best of both worlds. :D

Orchid - who loves the back yard (GARDENIAS!!!)

Edited For Stupid Spelling Error

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two major addictions outside of the minis, one being pens (fountain pens rock! :p ...

Hey, Orchid! You may be able to help me. Do you know where I could find a nice desktop pen stand that holds the pen horizontally on raised arms (not one that holds the nib in a little cone)? I've been looking for something nice for a while now and the local antique shops don't seem to have anything (nor could I find anything online).

Thanks.

Just did a big cleanout and thought I would take some photos - I knew there was a thread somewhere so I have resurrected - but looking through most pics are broken links or other bits - so here goes a liven up....

workspace.jpg

No where near the number of unpainted minis of other people - but a few - and the black square is hiding current CCV minis...This is my main painting area for now - with priming, conversion, basing and other bits done in the garage...

storagecab.jpg

This is my storage cab for all other bits...

Would love to see any before and after pics of peoples areas - my how they change as your painting style changes....

Well, my wife might have found the answer to many of our prayers. She found a small cabinet, that doesn't look too bad. A cabinet you say, what good is that! Well, let me tell you. When you open the 5' cabinet, you will see a table that combination rolls and folds out about 3' and several storage shelves. It even has outlets on the inside for your lamps and hair dryers.

I will put it together this evening and when my new battery charger comes for my camera, I will take pictures. If this works, it will be a great solution for those short on space or looking to hide an rather unsightly painting area.

This should allow me to move out of the basement and paint closer to the family and the heat :)

Well it went together well enough and looks like it will be great. I will put my stuff in there Tuesday night.

Here is a link to the piece. craft table

The White one in the lower left hand corner of the link page is a little bigger, but did not match my house, but if white will work for you, you can get a bigger cabinet. The brown one is about $250 and the white one was $300+ if I remember correctly.

I wanted out of the unfinished basement, especially with a baby on the way. I will be able to paint and be near enough the wife and baby to be active with and supportive to them both.

I started moving my supplies into the cabinet and there is a lot of room in there. My paints will need to go into baskets like Flynn's but I am going to build a small paint rack on the doors to hold the paint colors I am currently using for whatever mini I am working on. That way I can keep a clean desktop and still have easy access to my paints.

<font color='#8D38C9'>

I'm in an undisclosed location :cool: about half way between Houston, Texas (I'll be hiding from the Super Bowl madness, BTW), and Galveston Island, Texas.  I get the best of both worlds. :D

</font>

I just noticed this post/thread.

I also live inbetween Houston and Galveston. League City, as a matter of fact. Good to know you, neighbor! Did you happen to go to OwlCon this weekend? ::P: