magnificent egos

rgtriplec

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have to be careful here so I did some quick searches on the net. Valiant Miniatures is out of England and makes 1/72 injected molded plastic troops. I have never done business with them but I'm sure they are a fine company

Unfortunately TMP reported the acquisition of Magnificent Egos using the name Valiant Miniatures when in reality the company that acquired them is Valiant Enterprises which seems to also be known as Valiant Miniatures and even bills themselves as such.

Now that I look at the sites I jumped to the conclusion that this company was being run by the same Valiant that ran Soldiers and Swords. So I guess I need to retract my statement a bit. I would, personally, proceed with caution .

Edited by Heisler

Unfortunately TMP reported the acquisition of Magnificent Egos using the name Valiant Miniatures when in reality the company that acquired them is Valiant Enterprises which seems to also be known as Valiant Miniatures and even bills themselves as such.
I noticed such when i googlestalked them.

Their only sin I have seen is being kinda pricey on their clan war troops.

Oooh the company that got their miniature line has a starship line I didn't know about. Shiny.

You'd never seen those Stardate 3000 minis? I don't know if they've had the same name all along or been sold by the same company all along, but I've owned these two since the early 80s - some of the first minis I acquired. Not really high quality compared to today's stuff.

http://www.veltd.net/stardate/starpages/9059.htm

http://www.veltd.net/stardate/starpages/9066.htm

I'm just saying...

Oh, they have a good aesthetic to them, I won't dispute that. But the ones I have don't have very crisp detail, and have always looked like the masters were slightly warped during the mold-making process. Basically, the difference between a generic Grenadier mini of the 70s, and a Reaper mini of today.

It may be that they've been remastered and new molds made. But the designs have been around for nearly 30 years.