Sign in to follow this  
jdripley

Adon deities

Hello!

I'm gathering information on Adon to use as a setting for the type of miniature campaigns that I run once in a while when the "main" DM takes a break.

Books I have for resources:

Warlord 1 2nd printing rulebook

Warlord 2nd ed rulebook

Dark Heaven Apocalypse rulebook

12th Journal of Johann Kruger (which comes in the DHA boxed set)

The current step in the project is a comprehensive list of deities. Ironically the DHA book which is focused on Adon as a whole really only mentions Khardullis in association with Malvernis, but Warlord 1's section on roleplaying mentions a broader variety of deities even though it's much more "local" than DHA. So here's the list I have currently:

Ishnar and Gustan - gods of sailors and ships

Khardullis - tyranny and slavery

Ravilax - war and slaughter

Marna - agriculture

Sokar - pretty much everything if you listen to the Khamsin - or Sun, death, magic

"The Templar 3"

Shadarzaddi - healing/comfort

Anarion - law

Aurellius - "paladin stuff" - heroism, good, all of that jazz

Typical elven:

Alathanel - loyalty and faith

Ghoersull - hardship

Brandaraynn - murder and shadows (dark elf deity)

Typical Dwarven:

Angrum Silverhelm - fatherhood

Megnatha Irontresses - Motherhood

Am I missing anything? Seems like aside from Khardullis and Sokar most people in Adon recognize that the deities are out there, realize that they have an impact, but end up having more of an animistic view - do what needs to be done to gain or ward off the deities power, but for the most part have no real loyalty or love for a deity. It would be the sort of setting where the "I don't do the whole deity thing, I am just a cleric of this collection of domains" type of thing happens more often than not. Definitely a long shot from Forgotten Realms, aka "yes, there actually IS a cleric of toenail clippings." Which is not a bad thing at all, if you ask me.

Being on the team of developers for the Warlord game, I can tell you that I know that this information exists and is being worked on along with all the rest of the details needed to bring the entire world of Avalorr (Adon is a continent on Avalorr) to life.

But as I am not a Reaper employee, nor a part of that particular project, I cannot share any details as... well to be honest I am not sure how up to date the information I have is (they make updates the same way we do in our play testing of the game) and so not sure I have enough to be able to share.

Being on the team of developers for the Warlord game, I can tell you that I know that this information exists and is being worked on along with all the rest of the details needed to bring the entire world of Avalorr (Adon is a continent on Avalorr) to life.

if the setting was generic enough, I would buy that in a heart beat!