D&D Heroscape

Stink

So, while perusing the wizards website a week or two back, I noticed they had recently released a Dungeons and Dragons module for Heroscape.

I thought it might be interesting, and since I already have Heroscape and a few extras for it, why not? I would have the added bonus of having some extra mini's available whenever needed.

Anyways, in case anyone was wondering, I took some pictures of the mini's that came in the box. Nothing suprising really, just FYI. I did expect more than 10, but I can't blame anyone other than myself for that one. No research and all that. I do really like the Troll.

Apolgies for the blurryness on a few of the figures....I think you'll get the gist of it, though.

IMG_6939_small.jpg

IMG_6941_small.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Drow set looks OK (plastic dragon looks like a very useful figure), but the first set doesn't inspire me (troll not looking too good IMHO). If I see the drow set, I might pick it up. OTOH, with the handful of figures from Reaper as well as Otherworld threatening to release some drow as well, it's not a huge thing...

Damon.

PS: is it just me, or does anyone have the urge to convert the female figure in the first set to Nova from Starblazers?

yah the minis are obvious carry-overs from their mini line.

I seen that miniaturemarket.com has a bunch of single stuff (must have opened a few boxes) for sale.

http://miniaturemarket.com/heroscape_bitz1

Awesome link...not for the D&D figures, but the Heroscape tiles. I've been thinking about using them for Battletech for some time...

Damon.

PS: is it just me, or does anyone have the urge to convert the female figure in the first set to Nova from Starblazers?

Now you just need to find an IQ-9 and Dr. Sane.

Just paint a black arrow on that jumpsuit and it's really good to go without much conversion.

Thanks for taking me on a little space opera childhood memory. I used to watch Starblazers afterschool as a kid!

My FLGS has a copy of this out for demo. It's not a bad little set, given the number of tiles and minis you get. I've liked the terrain for Heroscape for a while now, but the minis haven't been very exciting to me. Since this set has both terrain and D&D creatures, I'm giving more thought to getting one.

Of course, the Mini Market link to their bitz, that allows me just to buy terrain chunks...I like that even better...

and the obvious repacking of already existing minis leaves me feeling like they just got lazy.

or cost effective. It is Hasbro/Wizards but still every dollar counts. I think the selection of minis they used could have been a bit better thou (hate that dwarf mini when it was a "D&D" mini & still hate it as a HS ha ha)

RM

I looked at this at the FLGS last week. Do you really get as many tiles as it looks like on the box? If so I may have to pick this up.

I bought the Marvel set for my son a couple of years ago, but there's not nearly enough tiles in it. I guess they had to give so much money to Marvel that they couldn't afford to put too many tiles in. ::(:

I looked at this at the FLGS last week. Do you really get as many tiles as it looks like on the box? If so I may have to pick this up.

I bought the Marvel set for my son a couple of years ago, but there's not nearly enough tiles in it. I guess they had to give so much money to Marvel that they couldn't afford to put too many tiles in. ::(:

The D&D set has about 50 tiles, including the one 3-piece rock outcropping and 3 one-piece tiles. I think that's only about 10 more tiles than the marvel set, but it allows for a pretty decent sized area. Most are rock, dirt and "dungeon" tiles (the latter being new tiles), plus water and "shadow" tiles (which are also new, and give +1 to defense, and allow for special abilities for Drow, and I think the dwarf or some other hero, iirc). There are also a small handful of grass tiles thrown in, but the maps in the scenarios call for them to be placed under other tiles... I guess they're there for filler, but it's nice to have a couple of other types that you can use to create your own maps.

That's only 10 more than the Marvel set, but if you've already got that, you've got a good amount. :)

Incidentally, I bought it shortly after it came out, having never played heroscape before. My wife and I play D&D, DDM, Magic and other games, so the D&D theme was actually what piqued my interest... We liked the game so much, we ended up buying copies of Master Set 1 and 2 only a couple of weeks later... (plus the bridge expansion and another booster pack of heroes that she liked!) From what I've read on heroscapers and other forums, it seems like a lot of fans weren't happy with the choice/theme of this expansion... or the reuse of D&D miniatures. But I can't complain, since it introduced me to Heroscape (even though I have the troll and dragon from DDM). I'm already looking forward to new expansions and boosters.