Star Wars! Nothing but Star Wars!

Nanite

Wizards is not renewing the Star Wars license.  Do you know what this means?  Reaper can bid on it!  REAPER STAR WARS MINIS Y'ALL!  

REAPER STAR WARS MINIS!  

Make it happen.  I will donate money.  To the cause.  This could be huge.  HUGE.  6mm mass combat. Space battles, 28mm heroic skirmish and strategic, every jedi variation for RPGs.

We have to make this happen. I mean, the prequils can go die in a fire, but I don't think there's any movie that shaped my mental development more the Star Wars movies.

ReaperStarWars 2010!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are very good reason why you never see major franchise licenses like this sold to small companies producing for a niche market. Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to see reaper (or any other company, let's not fool ourselves) producing high quality in-scale star wars miniatures. I'm just less than optimistic about it actually happening. When I look around the only star wars products I see are for a major market (toys, lunch boxes, pillow cases, etc. etc. generally products that most people buy at some point during their lives), pewter miniatures just isn't a big enough market is my guess.

I'd love to see a 6 or 10mm Star Wars mini battles system myself.

I'd actually love a 25mm version instead of 28mm heroic scale or 10mm battlefield minis.

Though 10 or 15 mm minis and a tactical game would be nice.

I was imagining rules on stormtroopers, and a special rule for how they miss so consistently, yet are still feared, and then I remembered that because of the prequels, stormtroopers are now clones.  Clone brothers of Boba Fett.

Yeah...

That killed my enthusiasm; the brand is damaged beyond repair, forget I said anything, this isn't the license you're looking for.

Logically speaking, there is a gap of 18-20 years between Order 66 and A New Hope. Unless the Empire keeps the Kaminoans churning out clones, within a few years of active combat the number of surviving clones would dwindle to perhaps a handful (FREX, in 11 months of continuous combat, the 1st Infantry Division in WWII took 212% casualties; chew on that...). This is actually borne out in the EU material (which is IMHO far more important to the RPG than the movies...). However, also consider that when Luke rescues Princess Leia, she makes the comment "Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper?" If all the stormtroopers were clones, then the fact of Luke's size would be a dead givaway in his infiltration attempt. Finally, the scene where Obi-wan is shutting down the tractor beam, the two stormtroopers are conversing about a new speeder (or something). Nothing revealed in either the movies or the Clone War show (AFAIK) suggests any sort of hobbies or interests amongst the clones.

Therefore, Stormtroopers cannot be clones by ANH.

Damon.

Logically speaking, there is a gap of 18-20 years between Order 66 and A New Hope. Unless the Empire keeps the Kaminoans churning out clones, within a few years of active combat the number of surviving clones would dwindle to perhaps a handful (FREX, in 11 months of continuous combat, the 1st Infantry Division in WWII took 212% casualties; chew on that...). This is actually borne out in the EU material (which is IMHO far more important to the RPG than the movies...). However, also consider that when Luke rescues Princess Leia, she makes the comment "Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper?" If all the stormtroopers were clones, then the fact of Luke's size would be a dead givaway in his infiltration attempt. Finally, the scene where Obi-wan is shutting down the tractor beam, the two stormtroopers are conversing about a new speeder (or something). Nothing revealed in either the movies or the Clone War show (AFAIK) suggests any sort of hobbies or interests amongst the clones.

Therefore, Stormtroopers cannot be clones by ANH.

Damon.

I like that! And I loved all of Star Wars without reservation (ok, I've never really enjoyed Kevin J. Anderson's writing, but still!) right up until Phantom Menace.

I wonder iof a license could just cover the OT and ancillary material?

Fear not Nanite, going by whats emerging in EU stuff recently, by the end of Ep3 the Kamino clones are being replaced by cheaper copies from another site. By the time of Ep4 Stormies may still be clones, but not Fett clones, as the Empire strated taking "blueprints" so to speak from other sources soon after Ep3, and also fast-tracking their production/training. And depending on the source material non clones also make up the numbers as well, probly have to meet certain size restrictions etc.

Otherwise I would love to see someone pick up the miniatures rights and do something thats not random collectable, even if they're plastic. Just not WF, I sorry but I'm being a bit elitist with this =)