Star Wars! Nothing but Star Wars!

Nanite

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love a Jawa faction for Warlord...   :B):

Hmmm, maybe add some cloaked tunnel dwellers to the Bloodstone range?

WEG is still around (though ironically their website appears to be down right now - www.westendgames.com). According to thislink, they're still publishing.

Damon.

I always liked what WEG did for the Star Wars fiction.

I'd love a Jawa faction for Warlord... :B):

Only if you include the Tuskans in the army list. ::D:

As for prequel Clonetroopers vs. original Stormtroopers, its all just revisionist history. In less than 30 years they go from elite combat troops to not being able to hit the broadside of a farm boy and tripping over starship hatchways. :lol:

As for prequel Clonetroopers vs. original Stormtroopers, its all just revisionist history. In less than 30 years they go from elite combat troops to not being able to hit the broadside of a farm boy and tripping over starship hatchways. :lol:

Hey down there! Could you give us a hand with this?

Ever worn a stormtrooper helmet? That has A LOT to do with it. Luke wasn't kidding when he said he couldn't see out of it. The clones had better eyesight out of their "buckets" thanks to the T visor. Yes, I own both types of helmet and believe me I prefer the clone one.

The in universe answer is the stormtroopers were grown really quickly by to replace the original Jango clones. They used several donors not all of which were up to code ,so to speak. They also had less training than the older clones. Unfortunatly this little tid bit of star wars EU is being retconed by the horrid clone wars cartoon ruining all the hard work Karen Travis put into the series.

Ever worn a stormtrooper helmet? That has A LOT to do with it. Luke wasn't kidding when he said he couldn't see out of it. The clones had better eyesight out of their "buckets" thanks to the T visor. Yes, I own both types of helmet and believe me I prefer the clone one.

That's hardly an excuse. Ironman makes due with just those little eyeholes. :lol:

ironman.jpg

And they couldn't build the same in a universe where spaceships fly FTL and lasers can blow up entire planets?

I'm just saying that the whole concept of stormtrooper "armor" is a joke, so don't even try using that as an excuse for why the two generations are so different. Its as easy as Good Guys™ vs. Bad Guys™. When they were the bad guys they sucked, then they had to become teh awesome b/c they became good guys.

I do have to say: There will never be a small-scale mass-combat game for Star Wars. Almost certainly never anything smaller than 25mm.

Why? Because SW is all about the heroes. They're what makes the story live or die, they're what Lucasfilm cares about, and they're all that will ever - and /can/ ever - count.

And in scales smaller than 25mm, the heroes start to become indistinguishable from the masses of troops. 6mm? 10mm? Never happen. Lucas won't allow it.

I do have to say: There will never be a small-scale mass-combat game for Star Wars. Almost certainly never anything smaller than 25mm.

Why? Because SW is all about the heroes. They're what makes the story live or die, they're what Lucasfilm cares about, and they're all that will ever - and /can/ ever - count.

And in scales smaller than 25mm, the heroes start to become indistinguishable from the masses of troops. 6mm? 10mm? Never happen. Lucas won't allow it.

Well, there are vehicle-combat and starship-combat rules in the one-inch scale built into the Star Wars Saga Edition. For morons like myself who want miniatures for every encounter, you could make a buck.

I don't buy that argument. Have you seen some of the crap that Lucasfilm has licensed to carry Star Wars logos and likenesses? Plus, Stormtrooper and Clonetrooper replicas, toys, etc are some of the most often licensed stuff.