GenCon Indy tournament?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there will be a tourney at ReaperCon, Origins, & GenCon! They will be 1000 points, and play will be 3 rounds, no elimination.

Each round you will play a different scenario.

Best part? Everyone who shows up and plays will get a copy of the 2010 Warlord Tourney miniature - a brand new sculpt ONLY available to people who participate in select tournaments!

For the winners:

First place = $75 gift certificate and a second copy of the Tourney mini

Second place = $50 gift certificate and a second copy of the Tourney mini

Third place = $25 gift certificate and a second copy of the Tourney mini

We should have had a tournament at this past Origins. Sergei and Castlebuilder had a ton of people both days I was there. I hope they both get to play in the tournament.

Yes, there will be a tourney at ReaperCon, Origins, & GenCon! They will be 1000 points, and play will be 3 rounds, no elimination.

Each round you will play a different scenario.

Best part? Everyone who shows up and plays will get a copy of the 2010 Warlord Tourney miniature - a brand new sculpt ONLY available to people who participate in select tournaments!

For the winners:

First place = $75 gift certificate and a second copy of the Tourney mini

Second place = $50 gift certificate and a second copy of the Tourney mini

Third place = $25 gift certificate and a second copy of the Tourney mini

SAH-WEEET

Are there any painting requirements for these tourneys? Just though I'd find out now so I'll have lots of time if I need it. :poke:

No. Granted, they would like your army to be painted, but no one would say you can't play. Besides, you got plenty of time until Cons start.

I do have permission to go to GenCon this year!

My only concern for this, is will there be a legal Razig list to play there? It is the only faction I have, and I do not have the cash to go out and get a whole new army by then.

Waiting for Icingstead, anyways.

Good call on waiting for Icingstead, i dont want to say to much but the models i have seen look really good! But....you can still play any army you want with the razig models using the proxy rules.

Here are the offical Reaper Proxy Rules:

1) Official models that are unpainted, primed, or painted a single color are acceptable and allowed for use in any official event.

2) Substitute models from outside manufacturers are not acceptable and are not allowed for use in any official event.

3) Generic substitutions from any Reaper lines are allowed for use in any official event.

4) A particular generic substitute model type can only be used to represent a single type of model and/or data card in any official event.

5) A generic substitute model must be on the same size base the model it is substituting for would be on in any official event.

Good call on waiting for Icingstead, i dont want to say to much but the models i have seen look really good! But....you can still play any army you want with the razig models using the proxy rules.

I don't want to proxy an army, though. I want an official pdf list to play. This will prevent me from playing in the tournament (as I won't proxy a whole army) unless I can borrow an army from someone else around here.

So, the event list is up and the Warlord tourney is on Saturday from 1200-1700 with 18 slots avail. I'll be grabbing one of those slots as soon as event registration goes live tomorrow. Who else is in?

Mark

ps - Got a bit more of my Darkspawn toruney army finished. I really need to get motivated to knock out the rest of the models.