Sign in to follow this  
kyaakone

Blessed/Cursed duration

"...until after *their* next combat action" (emphasis mine)

Is this the next combat action during the model's activation? (i.e. defensive strikes will not end a blessing)

thanks

Is this the next combat action during the model's activation? (i.e. defensive strikes will not end a blessing)

thanks

I'm not sure what "Blessing" that is, but the Divine Tome Spell is active from casting until the beginning of the activation the following turn. So, no DS do not end it, it ends when the troops card is flipped the next turn.

thanks

Correct. It lasts until that model performs a Combat Action. Performing Defensive Strikes is just a part of someone else's Combat Action.

And yes, power gamers, if you can Bless a model in a way that doesn't specify an alternate duration (like the Blessing spell does), you can simply never perform Combat Actions with that model, and it will always get +1 to all Defensive Strikes for the rest of the game. ::P:

What spell are you talking about?

Does the example spell even exist?

And if a duration is not listed you could still perform combat because without a specified duration the spell would just never end. Nothing about Bless is hinged on combat actions.

And if a duration is not listed you could still perform combat because without a specified duration the spell would just never end. Nothing about Bless is hinged on combat actions.

Page 36, Model States. That is what the OP was asking about.

I'm not sure what "Blessing" that is, but the Divine Tome Spell is active from casting until the beginning of the activation the following turn. So, no DS do not end it, it ends when the troops card is flipped the next turn.

I meant the Blessed and Cursed model states.

... but the Divine Tome Spell is active from casting until the beginning of the activation the following turn. So, no DS do not end it, it ends when the troops card is flipped the next turn.

The divine tome spell "Blessing" just sets the model state, which is subject to the duration question I initially asked. I'm not sure which spell is active from casting until the beginning of the activation the following turn.

"...the troops card is flipped..." You mean, when one of the army's cards are flipped and I choose to activate that unit, right? Since there isn't a specific card associated with a specific unit.

Page 36, Model States. That is what the OP was asking about.

But since there is only one Blessing it's all hypothetical beyond blessing?

I have discovered my confusion. The output of Army Creator contains the following affect description for the Blessing spell:

"All models in the Spellcaster's Troop become Blessed."

Compared to the definition in the book, this does not include (a) the specific duration (that rgtriplec pointed out) or (b) the restriction against stacking the affect with other spells.

I assume the book should take precedence over the output of Army Creator. Hopefully Army Creator can be fixed.

I have discovered my confusion. The output of Army Creator contains the following affect description for the Blessing spell:

"All models in the Spellcaster's Troop become Blessed."

Compared to the definition in the book, this does not include (a) the specific duration (that rgtriplec pointed out) or (b) the restriction against stacking the affect with other spells.

I assume the book should take precedence over the output of Army Creator. Hopefully Army Creator can be fixed.

From the army builder home page:

"If you find any discrepency between this tool and the printed rulebook, the rulebook is correct and this tool is wrong!"